Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Enabling Joomla SEF breaks my Joomla template in Kunena

More
8 years 4 months ago #1 by loppan
Hi there,

I'm sure this issue is not Kunena's fault, but since I'm only experiencing this issue together with Kunena, I hope some kind soul can help me out here :).

The problem is that once I enable Joomla's SEF, Joomla gets confused with my template paths, and no longer finds my template css and other very important files :).

I have just re-created the Kunena menu and my main menu item pointing to Kunena has the alias "kunena" (since "forum" was already busy). So for so good, I think.

Viewing the forum looks as it should :

But once I start using the Kunena menu, the template paths change and I lose my template's styling :

As we can see, Joomla is looking for my template in siteroot/forum/templates/... , instead of siteroot/templates/...

I can't for the life of me figure out why. I have temporarily solved this by copying the actual template files to siteroot/forum/ , but this is of course not convenient in the long run :).

I assume it's something wrong with my template. I created it from scratch a while ago and might have missed some essential parts. Or is this fixable by editing htacess? I haven't touched anything in there, it's the default file coming with Joomla.

Truly grateful for any advice here! My configuration report is posted below.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards

Peter

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 200 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : Crash2014_07.10.2014 | author: CRASHDIET | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.6 | creationdate: 2015-09-28

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.6 | 2015-09-28 [ Pielungo ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 2.0.3 | CommunityBuilder 2.0.8 | UddeIM 3.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.1.1.1 | Kunena Stats 3.1.1

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #2 by 810
Try first with the default joomla template. Protostar.

If it works, then you need to check your template. On how you load the css.

More
8 years 4 months ago #3 by loppan
Thanks 810, I tried with Protostar and ofc it worked just fine :).

I changed from relative to absolute paths in my template's index.php and it seems to work now. Maybe not an ideal solution but I'm happy for now, as long as it works :).

Thank you for pointing this out for me.

Cheers

Peter

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds