Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Problem with 7x7 Pixeled Icons

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #1 by snapshot
Hello!

I have a problem with the template I am using. There are some 7x7 pixel icons in front of certain areas that I have circled for you here:

i.imgur.com/gv8wrFz.png

How do I get rid of those, or how do I get them to work properly?

You can inspect them on my site, which is: www.12170.ckras.com under the Forum menu tab.

[strike]Also, I would like to know how to "shorten" the login area (shorten the username/password boxes) as they are too wide.[/strike]

Thank you very much in advance! Those issues are driving me crazy.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Second question struck out; one question per topic, please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, snapshot, and welcome to Kunena.

Please see the article, My Joomla site template. Ales a mess of Kunena in the Wiki.

More
10 years 2 months ago #3 by snapshot
Thank you sozzled.

Yeah I am aware of what your link states. No disrespect there.

I am posting just in case somebody (a hobbyist) happens to know.

I am not looking for a problem solved, but I'd appreciate any hint, from anybody that has a lightbulb popped and is willing to respond.

Cheers!

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
You are aware, of course, that your problem is caused by your Joomla site template, aren't you? And you are also aware that we don't know much about your site, or what Joomla site template you are using, except from the snapshot image you posted.

When I visited your site, I did not see the evidence; [strike]there is no Kunena menu[/strike]. (Edit: found it by trial and error - which is another problem you have)

I don't know how else to help you in this matter except to suggest that you look at our FAQs page. There might be a tip or two in there.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snapshot

More
10 years 2 months ago #5 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Problem with 7x7 Pixeled Icons
remove line 1798 from temlate.css from your template:
Code:
.art-postcontent ul > li::before, .art-post ul > li::before, .art-textblock ul > li::before { content:url('../images/postbullets.png'); }
The following user(s) said Thank You: snapshot

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #6 by snapshot
@sozzled

No, I am not aware of anything, this is my first attempt into building a site and I've no idea what CMS/CSS/etc means yet. I am all but relevant to web-hosting. I just took everything I had and put them together, and I'm trying to learn by example. Just got my hands on the whole matter, and I'm steadily getting to know about Javascripts and other stuff.

I did inspect the elements I didn't find anything out. Now I figured how exactly to look for things. I fiddled with elements a lot, changed many things.

And I did read your FAQ before posting :)

@810

Thank you very much, I found the line myself by inspecting the elements, but in my Firebug it was comming up as a blank red :BEFORE: line and nothing else! Grabbed the line out, everything is neat now. Cheers!

I have one more question that I can not work out myself after searching and playing with the elements a lot. I would like the kinputboxes (Login username/password input areas) to be less wide. I tried adding width commands and changing the existing width commands to the according elements but nothing worked, and sometimes the whole forum would just get smaller.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by snapshot.

Time to create page: 0.518 seconds