Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Layout issues after installing new (unspecified) template [no configuration report given]

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #1 by Oscarfishlover
I have just installed a new Tempe and I've noticed that there is a slight problem with the layouts on the forum now. Basically,topics/replies boxes are stacked instead of being side-by-side and look rather messy. I have included the screenshot. I wonder what has happened and if anyone can help?

[IMG

www.oscarfishlover.com/forum/index

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Oscarfishlover.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #2 by Oscarfishlover
I'm not quite sure what other information you require. I'm not sure what PHP I'm running, 5.2 I think. MySQL database and Apache. However, this is obviously some kind of CSS issue that is making the layout looks a little bit awkward.

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
10 years 6 months ago #3 by Oscarfishlover
Is obviously an issue with the default temporally. I have just purchased a brand-new template and the problem doesn't occur, everything is a okay

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled
OK. You saw the change I made to your subject (I was trying to give you a gentle hint). Perhaps I was being too subtle.

Oscarfishlover wrote

I have just installed a new Tempe.

... and what, specifically, may we ask, is that? Is it a template that is supported by the Kunena project? Does it work with a supported version of Joomla, PHP, MySQL, Kunena? What other software are you running? What are all of your Kunena configuration settings and menu items? I mean, really, I have no idea of what is this problem based only on a pictorial representation of it.

My advice is to talk to the people who designed this template you are using and ask them for their advice ... or use the Blue Eagle template that was designed, developed, is maintained and supported by the Kunena team.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #5 by Oscarfishlover
I have stopped using the other template that I purchased because some of my users who use iPhones had issues with the forum working properly. The default template was working perfectly okay until I installed a new Joomla! template. The problem now is that there is a slight display/layout problem where it tells you how many replies and posts have been made in each category.

The strange thing is that everything works perfectly okay and normal if I make the eagle 3.0 template the default.problem is, it looks weird and messed up on mobile devices by all accounts. I wonder if it's worth uninstalling and then reinstalling the Eagle template? Is it available to download anywhere?

www.oscarfishlover.com/forum/index

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Oscarfishlover.

More
10 years 6 months ago #6 by Oscarfishlover
I now realise that I should be using Eagle 2.0 since this is obviously the latest developed template. I've also been looking at some of the threads in the Tampa Bay category and apparently there is a responsive template in the making. Some of my members use tapa talkand don't have any problems. I suppose I'm just going to have to be patient until something comes out that enables our iPhone users to use the forum without any problems

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
10 years 6 months ago #7 by sozzled
I am marking this topic as "resolved".

The Kunena project is working on an "interim", mobile-friendly responsive version of the Blue Eagle template that the developers are hoping will be released with K 3.0.3.

Time to create page: 0.505 seconds