Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Upgrading from 3.0.6 to 3.0.7 -> Template safe?

More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by Tormentor667
Dear Kunena Team,

thanks for bringing the new 3.0.7 version, I have one question though: I heavily modified the Blue Eagle theme. When I upgrade to 3.0.7, do my changes stay or do I have to backup my template before and copy it back later after the upgrade has been done?

Thanks,
Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
As a general rule, if you have modified any of the "original" Kunena source files (including the original Blue Eagle template files) and replaced those files in your website, then you will lose those changes when you update from any version of Kunena to another version of Kunena. You will also lose any changes if you downgrade from one version of Kunena to another version of Kunena or even if you reinstall the same version of Kunena that you currently are using.

If you want to preserve the changes you've made then you should create your own Kunena template; it depends on the extent of the changes you've made. When you say you've created a "heavily modified" customisation, it's not clear how you've achieved those modifications. If the changes only involve CSS then it may be a better to create a separate file of CSS and load it from your Joomla site template with an @import directive (see also How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena? ).

One other way to preserve the changes is to backup the files from the ../components/com_kunena/templates/blue_eagle folder before you update from K 3.0.6 to K 3.0.7, but you will lose the other benefits of changes made in K 3.0.7 with the Blue Eagle template. The other benefits may, or may not, be important to you; that's really a question that each person must answer for themselves.

I hope this information is of some help to you.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xristo, Tormentor667

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds