Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Minimum required version is Joomla! 3.0.3, but it is highly recommended to use Joomla! 2.5.17 or later.

More
10 years 1 week ago #1 by orlisgal
I have Joomla! 3.0.2 Stable and PHP is 5.4.19. I’ve tried installing the newest version of Kunena as well as an older verion (pkg_kunena_v3.0.4_2013-12-22) Neither of them work, and I get the same odd message for each version I’ve tried to install:

Notice Joomla! 3.0.2 is not supported. Minimum required version is Joomla! 3.0.3, but it is higly recommended to use Joomla! 2.5.17 or later.

Warning
Component Install: Custom install routine failure

Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, orlisgal, and welcome to Kunena.

orlisgal wrote: I have Joomla! 3.0.2 Stable ...

J! 3.0.2 was unreliable; the first reliable version of J! 3.x was J! 3.0.3; J 3.0.2 was released in November 2012 (that is 1½ years ago). It would be much better for you to update to J! 3.2.3.

orlisgal wrote: Can anyone offer any suggestions?

The only suggestion that I can offer is to upgrade your version of Joomla.
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: orlisgal

More
10 years 1 week ago #3 by orlisgal
Thank you for your help and expedient reply; very much appreciated!

I see that Joomla now has an auto-update button, to upgrade Joomla...do you recommend using that? It would be nice and easy, but the thought scares me to death. I've backed up my site's MySQL and used akeeba backup, so it's probably not a big deal, but do you know if the Joomla internal upgrade and install system works well?

And do you feel confident that once I upgrade, I will then be able to install Kunena? Thanks again!

More
10 years 1 week ago #4 by sozzled
It is a good idea to make a backup of your site before you upgrade software, yes. We recommend Akeeba Backup.

I do not think you will have problems installing K 3.0.5 after you have updated Joomla.

More
10 years 1 week ago #5 by orlisgal
Okay - well I'll try the auto-backup then. Fingers crossed! Thanks again for replying so quickly! :laugh:

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #6 by orlisgal
Well - I'm a bit worried! The site appears to be intact after the upgrade, but I am unable to login vis a vis the admin backend. I know this is a separate issue, but I thought I'd ask if you have any suggestions since you seem to be versed in Joomla. Here's the site: globalprovingground.com/testsitebackup/administrator/

Thank you!
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by orlisgal.

More
10 years 1 week ago #7 by sozzled
Yes, this is a separate problem. I have not heard about people being unable to login to their Joomla site backend after upgrading to from J! 3.0.2 to J! 3.2.3 - I assume that is what you are now using, yes?

There are also other ways of upgrading from one version of Joomla to another version of Joomla (i.e. not using the "autoupgrade" option.

A few other suggestions: check what has been written about "unable to login to backend" on the Joomla forum ( forum.joomla.org ).

As far as I know, upgrading from J! 3.0.2 to a later version of Joomla should not "destroy" the administrator account but, then again, I never used J! 3.0.2. The first version of J! 3.x that I remember using was J! 3.1.1 (and for that reason I am not sure if I can be a lot of help to you).

J! 3.0 had four "stable" releases between September 2012 and February 2013, before it was superseded by J! 3.1 (nearly a year ago). To be honest with you, I do not remember testing J! 3.0 (and I don't remember why I did not test that dot-zero version either) :blush:

More
10 years 1 week ago #8 by orlisgal
Thank you! The only reason I used this version of Joomla is because that's all that was available when I installed it a month ago, through godaddy.com. Next time I'll manually install it!

I have read some info on the subject on joomla.org, and I posted in the forum there as well, so hopefully I'll find the answer. If not...well thank goodness for Akeeba! Those guys are GENIUSES!!

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #9 by sozzled

orlisgal wrote: The only reason I used this version of Joomla is because that's all that was available when I installed it a month ago, through godaddy.com. Next time I'll manually install it!

It might help to read some other experiences people have had using GoDaddy on this forum.

I never use host-supplied, scripted installations of Joomla. I always install Joomla "the long way" (takes me about an hour). One of these days, when I have a day to myself, I may make a video of my recommended approach to installing Joomla. I am surprised that, in the years I have used Joomla, there isn't a video tutorial that explains how to go about doing it. Most books that I have read about Joomla recommend against using webhost-supplied (e.g. Fantastico) scripts

Sure, it's a little more complicated to install a reliable, fully-functioning version of Joomla by doing things the "manual" way than it is to use a webhost-provided "three-mouse-clicks-and-you've-got-it" script. We also know that webhosts lag several versions behind the latest stable release. I am truly surprised that, even for GoDaddy, a webhost would be providing a script for a such an outdated version of Joomla that not even Joomla supports it any more! Sounds like you should probably start the process over again. Good luck! :)
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 1 week ago #10 by orlisgal
I think you're right on. It was my first experience using godaddy for that, as I'm building this site for a friend. I normally do it from scratch, as you do. It's quite easy, once you know how! But they have godaddy and I saw that option on there, so figured "why not?" Now I know why not...hahaha! I think it would be great if you did such a video. Would for sure help others and make it easy for people who are afraid to take the plunge!

Thanks so much for the godaddy link; I'll go there as well. Kudos!

Time to create page: 0.448 seconds