Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Installation Error (ignore_user_abort)

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #1 by Leeroy Brown
Hi all,

Tried to install kunena and received this error:

Warning: ignore_user_abort() has been disabled for security reasons in /clientdata/apache-www/p/b/pbook.com.au/www/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/model.php on line 59
Kunena Installation Failed!
Sorry, installation failed with following error:

Warning: ignore_user_abort() has been disabled for security reasons in /clientdata/apache-www/p/b/pbook.com.au/www/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/model.php on line 59
{"success":true,"status":"33%","current":"Prepare Installation","log":"\n\t\n\t\t
Prepare Installation<\/td>\n\t\t \n\t\t... OK<\/td>\n\t\t <\/td>\n\t<\/tr>\n\t<\/table>\n"}

Can not seem to get past this, any help would be appreciated.
I am hosting my site on a cloud based server. I don't have a lot of IT background either :/
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Leeroy Brown.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #2 by Leeroy Brown
I did have this same error when I loaded vBulletin (don't go there) onto the same server.
Apparently my provider has extra php security turned on?? and can't turn it off.

I had to enter this code into some php scripts in vBulletin to get it to work:

ini_set('ignore_user_abort',true);
ini_set("display_errors"'false);

The code had to go into my config files presentation and core/includes/config.

Would this be the same approach here?? I don't see any config php files but I do see an install.php file.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Leeroy Brown.

More
10 years 3 months ago #3 by Leeroy Brown
sorry some specs to the site

System Information
Setting Value

PHP Built On Linux php-shared-6 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Sun May 6 04:00:17 UTC 2012 x86_64
Database Version 5.5.32-31.0
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.4.16
Web Server LiteSpeed
WebServer to PHP Interface litespeed
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.1.1 Stable [ Ember ] 26-April-2013 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 12.2.0 Stable [ Neil Armstrong ] 21-September-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

You hadn't talked with your host if he can do something to reduce the security on the server ?

Your host has disabled the function ignore_user_abort

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by xillibit.

More
10 years 3 months ago #5 by Leeroy Brown
Yes I have tried talking to them but they said they can not change the setting as I am on a shared server.

I did manage to comment out the ignore_user_abort line and try the install again, it works on my site now but I do not know If I have made an opportunity for something else to go wrong.

It's a great forum set up by the way, personally I think it kicks vBulletins behind ;)

As for the other errors I was getting most of the fixers were removing the & symbol from the code in certain areas.

Like I said I don't have a back ground in this so I don't know the right way to explain it to you.

Any who's it works on my site.

Money well spent.

Leigh

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds