Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Fatal installation problem

More
10 years 4 months ago #1 by onecrowd
yI installed Kunena 3.03 through Install From URL on my site and now I can't even get into the site. It gives me the following error: 0 SQL=SELECT * FROM on9q7_kunena_configuration WHERE id=1. When I checked my database I found that NO Kunena tables have been created.

Joomla 3.1
Php 5.3.3
Mysql 5.5.33

I don't know what happened. HELP!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #2 by 9themestore
Hi onecrowd,

You try to login the your back-end and remove the Kunena forum component, after reinstall it.

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #3 by onecrowd
Replied by onecrowd on topic Fatal installation problem
9ThemeStore, thank you for your reply. I apologize I should have attached a screen in the 1st post. I can not access administrator or my site. When I try to access administrator, I get the screen shot stating that " SQL=SELECT * FROM on9q7_kunena_configuration WHERE id=1 ". Even when I push the button on the screen, it takes me back to the same screen.

The problem is that the install does not create any database tables. The folders and files are created but not the database.

I removed all Kunena related material and was able to restore the system but when I tried to install again I got the same error and system lockout.

I have installed Kunena 3.0 on another system with the same joomla, php, and mysql versions and it worked fine but it is not working on my primary system that I really need it for. I have also checked permissions and they are the same on both systems plus I have had no problem installing other extensions. Sorry for the long reply I just wanted to give you a full picture. Please help thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by onecrowd.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Fatal installation problem
G'day, onecrowd, and welcome.

I am sure this problem can be fixed but it sounds like it might take a bit of work.

My first suspicion is that there's something wrong with your Joomla installation - which specific version of Joomla are you using ("J! 3.1" is vague).

The minimum technical requirements for K 3.0.3 are:
  • PHP version 5.3.1 (you have PHP 5.3.3 - released in July 2010 - and PHP 5.4.14 or better is recommended); even though the minimum version is PHP 5.3.1 I cannot say if anyone else has reported problems with K 3.0.3 because they're relying on these very old versions of PHP.
  • PHP max_execution_time: 30 or better.
  • PHP max_upload_filesize: 3M or better.
  • PHP GD_support: enabled.
  • PHP DOM/XML: enabled.
  • PHP JSON support: enabled.

When you wrote "I installed Kunena 3.03 through Install From URL on my site", I assume that you used the method described in K 3.0 Installation Guide (and watched the video). I assume that you have not altered any database permissions used by the MySQL account that's associated with your website. To be on the safe site, when I create my new Joomla sites, I use the SQL database manager (through cPanel) configured as shown in the following screenshot.

I assume that you are using a different database in this new site that you created to the database that you were using in your other site.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 4 months ago #5 by onecrowd
Thank you for your reply and your time.

Here is more detail. In my second and third attempts I tried to install from this url:
joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsrelease/18...3.0.0_2013-05-15.zip
thinking that my system met those specs.

Joomla 3.1.5 (See screen shot for all details)
PHP 5.3.27
MySql 5.5.33
PHP Max File Upload = 16M
max_exetuion_time = 120

I looked in the install and saw the following had to be enabled so I double checked:
DOM, GD, JSON, pcre, SimpleXML are all enabled.

I use phpmyadmin to manage mysql and the user has ALL PRIVileges. Yes, they are 2 differnet databases but they have the same system configuration. Additionally, I have added AlphaUserPoints extension and it was able to create the appropriate tables.
Attachments:

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #6 by onecrowd
Sozzled, I know this may be a bit of overkill but i really want to install Kunena. I just installed the Antispam plugin for Community Builder and the following shows part of the readout confirming the creation of the supporting tables. I only share this because I think it confirms that other extensions have been added and created tables with the current settings and Joomla instance. I know this is not just a Kunena issue because I haven't seen this problem through all the searching on articles and other forums. I trully thank you in advance for your help.

"Table #__comprofiler_plugin_antispam_block successfully created
CREATE TABLE `#__comprofiler_plugin_antispam_block` ( `id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `type` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `value` text NOT NULL, `date` datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00', `duration` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL, `reason` text, `params` text, PRIMARY KEY (`id`) )AUTO_INCREMENT=1, ENGINE=MyISAM
Table #__comprofiler_plugin_antispam_whitelist successfully created
CREATE TABLE `#__comprofiler_plugin_antispam_whitelist` ( `id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `type` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `value` text NOT NULL, `date` datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00', `reason` text, `params` text, PRIMARY KEY (`id`) )AUTO_INCREMENT=1, ENGINE=MyISAM"
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by onecrowd.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #7 by sozzled
My suspicion about your problems is that you have done something to your Joomla setup that prevents Kunena from installing and/or operating there. Even though I wrote this for an older version of Kunena, I suggest you read (and experiment with) the idea of When all else fails, try this . It usually takes less than one hour to create a new Joomla website, install Kunena on it, and you will determine if the problem you originally had was because of something you did to your current problem site or whether you did not do it things right in the first place.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 2 months ago #8 by onecrowd
Hi, never resolved this issue but I did install on another server.

I can't seem to submit a topic, is there an issue?

More
10 years 1 month ago #9 by sozzled

onecrowd wrote: Hi, never resolved this issue but I did install on another server.

Do you mean that you were able to successfully install K 3.0.4 on a fresh installation of Joomla?
The following user(s) said Thank You: onecrowd

More
10 years 1 month ago #10 by onecrowd
No, I am working on K 3.0.0 and J 3.1.5. I have afraid to upgrade given my past problem until I complete this round of release. I plan to start migrating to J 3.2 and K 3.0.4 in the next 30 days.

BTW, have I been banned or something because I no longer see the submit button?

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds