Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Merged Update from 2.0.4 ... directly to 3.0.1 or 3.0.0 first?

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #11 by helene
Hi, when I click on the icon saying that kunena needs to upgrade (in Joomla backend controlpanel) it takes me to somewhere saying Kunena live update, I press update to latest version.
I also did read the upgrade guide.

But I asked Joomla support to do it for me after getting this error message, - they obviously got the same message and send it back to me to solve.

I thought they probably would know more about doing it right than I do.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by helene.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #12 by 810
Hi, yes there is a issue with the updater on J2.5.x, please download the package: www.kunena.org/download and install it using the joomla installer. Then it will be updated.

Regards 810

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #13 by helene
Right, - so .. just to be sure.
Cause I also did try this way, - but I am not always doing this quite right, cause I dont quite get this with unzipping :)

But I upload it not as one package but one at the time right ? component, media, 2 plugins and one called lib_kunena...

This issue .. is that a Joomla issue ? Cause they say if I can directly point to it being an issue with Joomla :) they will look into it.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by helene.

More
10 years 8 months ago #14 by 810
you don't need to unzip the package.

1) download the package
2) go to joomla installer
3) select package
4) click on install
The following user(s) said Thank You: helene

More
10 years 8 months ago #15 by helene
:unsure:
Ha .. dont know if you know that feeling, - but my fingers just suddenly hit install and in two seconds it was all done succesfully.... and I was so worried

But all is well ..

Thanks for helping me over my comfort zone ;)

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #16 by sozzled
:) 810 is correct; there is no need to unzip the installation package. Kunena is installed (and upgraded) in the same way as most Joomla packages are installed these days. The main difference is that the package name is called pkg_kunena_<version>_<date>.zip instead of com_kunena_<version>_<date>.zip The package installation method is described (with a video tutorial) in K 3.0 Installation Guide .

I would not recommend the "download-package -> install" method to complete beginners. I recommend the "install by URL" method

I asked before if you read and followed the procedure described in K 3.0 Upgrade Guide . It would seem, from your earlier responses, that you did not do that. ;)

If your site meets the required technical requirements and if you have ensured that other software you may be using that interacts with K 3.0.1 is likewise upgraded, the upgrade procedure takes less than 30 seconds to complete.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 8 months ago #17 by helene
hi sozzled

You know I do read the stuff, but its not always easy to get it right anyway when you are not normally working with these things - and the main thing is really that I am so worried that something unforeseen will occur and make a mess of everything :)

Fortunately you guys must really know what you are doing, because yeah, it takes no time then its all working well

More
10 years 8 months ago #18 by Matias
Unfortunately we have made some changes into our package that makes automatic updates from Kunena 2.0 to fail. I've been investigating the issue and I know what happens but I'm still unsure how to get it fixed.

That said, automated updates should work from Joomla extension manager by clicking on updates (and clearing the cache if the update was not shown).

Just remember to visit Kunena backend after the update to make sure that everything works.

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds