Kunena 5.2.4 and Blue eagle 1.6.4 released (04 Apr 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.4 [K 5.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.4

REQUIREMENTS
Blue Eagle 1.6.x requires Kunena 5.2.x to work with, this template isn't designed to works with Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4.

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Attempted update K 3.0.4 (originally J! 2.5.9 but later updated to J! 2.5.17): killed the extension

More
7 years 3 months ago #21 by sozzled
Did you try my suggestion to use MySQL? What happens when you use MySQL and Joomla debug mode?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #22 by lturika
Yes - trying to reinstall it - see previous post.
I guess I found the problem, but not the solution.
While Kunnena is trying to install itself, The Kunnena Forum, Packages, Framework and Media files don't have a folder (on old Kunena install the files were in Kunena folder )??? - see the capture
Attachments:

More
7 years 3 months ago #23 by lturika

Did you try my suggestion to use MySQL? What happens when you use MySQL and Joomla debug mode?

debug mode returns error 500 (stated in previous post)

MySQL can't apply since I don't have the new Kunena installed - stuck on preparing to install

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #24 by lturika
Just changed to MySQL and created menu for forum - installation is still running :evil:
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by lturika. Reason: typo

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #25 by sozzled

MySQL can't apply since I don't have the new Kunena installed - stuck on preparing to install

The first thing we need to do is pause, take a deep breath, and take stock of the situation before it worsens. If you really did not have Kunena installed then any Joomla debug messages would appear regardless, wouldn't they?

Speaking kypothetically, if you really want to uninstall Kunena, you can do that by deleting all the files in the ../administrator/components/com_kunena and ../components/com_kunena folders and DROP all the database tables named _kunena_*. If you do those things you will lose everything you had in your forum.

Again, speaking hypothetically, if you did what I mentioned and before attempting to re-install Kunena, see what happens when you enable Joomla debug mode. I think you will find that you still have those fatal errors and, because you've eradicated all traces of Kunena, those errors have nothing to do with Kunena ... but there is probably something else in your site that's preventing you from installing Kunena. My guess is that your Joomla database tables are corrupted and need to be repaired. Which table ... is anyone's guess (but my money is on the _assets table).

I am not recommending to you that you destroy your Kunena forum data. I was speaking hypothetically. The question of whether it's important to retain any forum data that you had is a question only you can answer. I'm trying to assist you to salvage the best outcome that you can from your website.

It's difficult to resolve these kinds of issues in a Q&A forum setting - sometimes these things need to be pursued "off-line", one-on-one - but let's not panic and destroy any remaining chance that may still remain to salvage a resolution of your current problems, shall we?
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
7 years 3 months ago #26 by lturika
Sozzled, I would like to thanks you for your extraordinary support in trying to resolve this problem.

Since the site is recently launched, I will remove all the directories as suggested and just try a NEW and FRESH install. Hope this will help - I will post my results soon.

Thanks again and SUCCESS to your GREAT work!!!

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #27 by sozzled
Please stop.

Do not attempt to install Kunena on a broken website - if your website is broken as I believe it is. :pinch:

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #28 by sozzled
I believe there is a systemic problem within your Joomla website.

If you completely eradicate all traces of Kunena two things will happen:

1) You will lose all forum data that you currently have (although it may be possible to salvage something from the backup you made but I wouldn't guarantee it). Then it would be like trying to "tell which way the train went by looking at the tracks", wouldn't it?

2) If you enable Joomla debug mode you will still have those fatal errors.

If you have fatal errors on your site - deeply rooted ones within the Joomla database - all this discussion about installing Kunena is theoretical. It's like trying to build a house when the foundations are rotten; the house will just keep falling down. To make sure that you don't have ongoing problems, look at the structural integrity of the foundations of your Joomla website. If there's something stucturally unsound then, if I were in your shoes, that's where I'd be focusing my efforts.

More
7 years 3 months ago #29 by lturika
Thanks sozzled, I am contacting my developer with the problems you mentioned - hopefully he will solve the fatal errors issues

To Your success!!!

More
7 years 3 months ago #30 by lturika
Question.
Is it possible that new Kunena update messed up with Joomla Users.
After upgrading to Joomla! 2.5.17 from J!2.5.9 I have unacceptable problems with new user registrations.
I have setup user groups as following:
Display #
Public 1
|— Manager 6
|—|— Administrator 7
|— Registered 3 2
|—|— Author 3
|—|—|— Editor 4
|—|—|—|— Publisher 5
|—|— Company 13 10
|—|— Driver 11 9
|— Super Users
The problem arises when somebody registers as "Driver" and/or "Company". They are all assigned to user group "Registered" instead of their corresponding group.

I have setup in registration the option to register as "driver" or "company" :
* Required field
Name: *
Username: *
Password: *
Confirm Password: *
Email Address: *
Confirm email Address: *

Privacy & Terms

Registering as *
Driver
Company
Register

but everything defaults to "registered" after the registration takes place.

Also, I'm not getting any system emails when somebody new registers.

Your help is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds