Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Attempted update K 3.0.4 (originally J! 2.5.9 but later updated to J! 2.5.17): killed the extension

More
10 years 2 months ago #11 by sozzled
It is possible that there's a corruption in one of the Joomla database tables (most likely to be the _assets table) but I'm guessing.

You can try changing the value in the table _kunena_configuration tabled (change from "board_offline":"0" to "board_offline":"1") but this is starting to get a big tricky.

Do you have a backup of your website before you commenced the upgrade?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #12 by rich
Please try the following:
1. go to "Extensions > Extension Manager (Tab) Database" and check if the database needs a repair
2. go to Joomla Global Configuration and set "Debug System = Yes" and "Error Reporting = Maximum"
3. try to access the Kunena Control Panel
Maybe you can see a more detailed error message then.

More
10 years 2 months ago #13 by lturika
I did everything as suggested - still unable to open Kunena CP:

Installing Kunena, please wait...
Preparing installation...

running since Friday, can't stop it

More
10 years 2 months ago #14 by lturika
Anyone there? Forum is dead. Can somebody help?

truckinghires.com/index.php/forum/index

Unable to revert to old version nor to upgrade to new version.

Thanks in advance.

More
10 years 2 months ago #15 by sozzled

lturika wrote: Unable to revert to old version nor to upgrade to new version.

I do not know the specific cause of whatever is preventing you reverting to the older version of Kunena that you have before all these problems started. My guess is that the Joomla database is corrupted in some way and my suspicion is that the Joomla _assets table is in a state of disrepair.

I asked you before if you had a backup of your website before you attempted to upgrade from you old forum (on J! 2.5.9) to K 3.0.4 and you did not answer my question; rich suggested that you enable Joomla debug mode to see if the upgrade process displayed any messages - debug messages appear at the bottom of the page - and you did not say if there were any messages or not.

lturika wrote: running since Friday, can't stop it

It is difficult to determine if a process is actually running or whether there's just the same message displayed. The surest way to end a process is to reboot the webserver.

Can you please answer my earlier question about whether you have a backup of your website (when you were using J! 2.5.9) that you can use to restore your site before all these problems began?

More
10 years 2 months ago #16 by lturika
I apologize for not responding to your previous post.

Yes, I do have backup, but only the backup while site was on J!2.5.9 before J update to 2.5.17.

I did the J update to 2.5.17 after you advised, since the 2.5.9 was not supported.

The update to Kunena 3.0.4 was done prior to Joomla update.

That may be the problem now. Not sure.

I did the debug mode, but i received error 500 on the page, instead on the footer.

See the link: truckinghires.com/index.php/forum/index

Not pointing to any Kunena error.

The site otherwise works without any problems.

More
10 years 2 months ago #17 by lturika
Debug mode is killing all my pages - have to remove the call.
See the included screenshot while in debug mode for forum page
Attachments:

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #18 by sozzled
Thank you for your reply; we may be getting somewhere.

The information shown when you run Joomla debug mode tells us a few things. The first thing it tells us is that the error message concerns (at least one of) the Joomla database tables: the table _categories. This is the table that deals with Joomla articles - it has nothing to do with Kunena.

The second thing is that you have set MySQLi as the database type in your Joomla global settings. While it may be possible to run Joomla with MySQLi instead of using MySQL - I cannot tell you more about this because I do not use MySQLi on any of my sites - Kunena is optimised to run with MySQL. As a suggestion, try changing to Global Configuration » Server » Database Settings » Database Type = Mysql.

Try this first and see if it makes a difference.

My suspicions remain that your Joomla database tables (one or more of them) are corrupted, possibly because you have not kept your Joomla software up-to-date - you were using a version of J! 2.5 that was superseded in May 2013 - or possibly because there was an issue that has been dormant (and unnoticed by you) until you enabled Joomla debug mode.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 2 months ago #19 by lturika
Thanks sozzled. I tried different approach and removed the extension in order to reinstall Kunena from scratch.

It was successfully removed, trying right now to install the new version, and I'm stuck to :

Kunena 3.0.4 Installer
Installing Kunena, please wait...
Preparing installation...

I backed -up the Kunena DB as SCV file so I can recreate the forum again manually.

I love the extension, but I just can't install it???

More
10 years 2 months ago #20 by sozzled
I visited your website and I notice that you have removed Kunena from the frontend (although I there are still some traces of K 3.0.4 on your site).

Time to create page: 0.486 seconds