Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Installation process loops and won't stop

More
9 years 11 months ago #11 by sozzled
It seems as if this very old topic has been resurrected; the conditions reported by colin99 may or may not have changed in the months that passed when he had problems earlier (I don't know) but what I do know is that we're searching for a needle in a haystack with no knowledge about what that haystack looks like.

I write this often: if people would like our help (and we're only too willing to offer our advice) it helps if people look at the FAQs page at some time or another. I am not saying that the FAQs page has the answers but there is information there that may be useful in cases where we're left guessing as to the cause of problems that people may have. B)

So, for your benefit and for the benefit of others reading this topic who are scratching their heads so that they can make a positive contribution to it, I have done two things:

1) Moved this topic from the archive, and

2) I suggest that the following general information may be relevant in this case:

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #12 by colin99
I appreciate that -- the way I see it, if I am having this problem, there are likely dozens if not hundreds of others experiencing the same thing.

I am now going to find out how to generate the configuration report --
I have seen this term used -- and I am more than eager to comply to help
others fix their problems.

I am a Kunena user since day 1.

More
9 years 11 months ago #13 by colin99
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_solarsentinel | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.1 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.3 | creationdate: 2013-10-20

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.3 | 2013-10-20 [ Bifrost ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1

My current Configuration Report -

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #14 by sozzled
A couple of things:

1) It looks like you have some outdated and conflicting Joomla menu items (and these may cause problems, if not certainly in the operation of your forum on the frontend but possibly in relation to the problems you are having in terms of upgrading from K 3.0.3). Tidying up the Joomla menu may help.

2) You are using an old, outdated version of Joomla. Updating to J! 2.5.20 may help to overcome problems with "standard" Joomla operations like upgrading Joomla extensions.

3) Your versions of PHP and MySQL may have some influence on the way that installation processing instructions are performed

4) Which method are you using to upgrade from K 3.0.3? Please refer to the K 3.0 Upgrade Guide and describe which of the methods you have been using without success.

Certainly, if there are dozens (or hundreds) of people going through the same turmoil as you, this would be a matter of the utmost concern. We would like to hear from other members of the community who have these kinds of problems. Experiences that are shared are how we all can benefit. So, for all those other people who are having this problem, let's hear from you, too! :)
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #15 by colin99
Thank you for the quick reply --

I did a file restore to a slightly earlier version because of today's issue.

I will get the site as up to date as possible -- I usually run the most up to date
version of Joomla within 7 days of any update (for the shake down...)

And I will examine those other suggestions.

"Outdated and conflicting Joomla menu items..." I am not entirely clear on what that means but I will soon find out.

Many thanks!
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by colin99.

More
9 years 11 months ago #16 by colin99

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : rt_solarsentinel | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.1 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.3 | creationdate: 2013-10-20

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.3 | 2013-10-20 [ Bifrost ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1

After menu clean up -- I see what you mean.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #17 by sozzled

colin99 wrote: "Outdated and conflicting Joomla menu items..." I am not entirely clear on what that means ...

Look at your configuration report (under "Kunena menu details") and compare with Kunena Menu issues .

You did not explain which upgrade method you were using:
  • "Autoupdate"
  • Upload package
  • Install from directory
  • Install from URL

Which one are you using that is giving you problems?

Have you (at any time) attempted the "auto update" approach and did that method fail? That is a really important question.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 11 months ago #18 by colin99
I have done AUTO-UPDATE

and then Package Upload.

Both fail -- I can upload any screen grabs that might help us.

More
9 years 11 months ago #19 by sozzled

colin99 wrote: I have done AUTO-UPDATE

and then Package Upload.

Both fail -- I can upload any screen grabs that might help us.

Ouch!

You may have seen the notice on the K 3.0 Upgrade Guide that refers to problems that people can have after a failed attempt to use the Joomla autoupdate procedure.

This is a real problem and sorting it out can be tricky.

In short, in earlier versions of Joomla, there were problems with the autoupdate process. If it failed it corrupted the _assets table and prevented subsequent attempts to upgrade the Joomla extension that was affected. It is a known problem with Joomla.

Fixing it requires clearing out the corrupted records in the _assets table and then the "normal" upgrade should work without any hitches. It's a beast of a job to do and it's regrettable that these kinds of things happen. That's why it's always important that you should always make a site backup even if you entrust the "autopudate" process to do its work because, even in those instances, recovery of your site is best done from a backup ... unless you're comfortable rolling up your sleeves and diving into the database to correct the data corruption.

That's what I think has happened in this case. There is a data corruption.

I recall seeing something about this on the Joomla site but I can't remember exactly where I found the answer.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #20 by colin99

sozzled wrote: Fixing it requires clearing out the corrupted records in the _assets table and then the "normal" upgrade should work without any hitches. It's a beast of a job to do and it's regrettable that these kinds of things happen. That's why it's always important that you should always make a site backup even if you entrust the "autopudate" process to do its work because, even in those instances, recovery of your site is best done from a backup ... unless you're comfortable rolling up your sleeves and diving into the database to correct the data corruption.

That's what I think has happened in this case. There is a data corruption.

I recall seeing something about this on the Joomla site but I can't remember exactly where I found the answer.

I am very comfortable holding electric prods to my test MySQL databases -- so if someone knows a link to this procedure, I am totally game.

This explains why I get mixed results on the different Kunena forums that I maintain.

All good - still love and support the product.
I cannot imagine my websites without Kunena and that has kept me from jumping ship to
*gasp* Wordpress from time to time.

Joomla rocks.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: minor chages to fix odd use of [quote] tags

Time to create page: 0.414 seconds