Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Upgrading from 2.0.4 with automatic updates

More
10 years 7 months ago #11 by sozzled

cmork wrote: can someone give us a solution for this mess?? i have 3 sites crashed because of this

The solution is to not use the automated update. Instead, use the procedure documented in K 3.0 Upgrade Guide .

This solution has been mentioned twice before in this topic.

We understand that people would like the Joomla team to fix the problems that Joomla has with automated updates. Like you, we are also waiting for help to fix these problems, too. Until we've heard otherwise, we recommend that people update Kunena using the traditional approach - see K 3.0 Upgrade Guide - which takes about 30 seconds to run.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #12 by cmork
the same error using the upgrade guide :evil: and this is my 4th site crashed...its bad my friends kunena was great extension :(
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by cmork.

More
10 years 7 months ago #13 by sozzled
The subject of this topic is "Upgrading from K 2.0.4 with automatic updates". We know that there is a problem with the Joomla automatic upgrade method.

Are you using the Joomla automatic update method? :dry:

More
10 years 7 months ago #14 by cmork
if you look this topic you can see my posts

first i try with automatic updates and then follow your suggestion i made with the Guide to update in both cases give the same blank page.

More
10 years 7 months ago #15 by sozzled
Did you do the "Install by URL" method?

More
10 years 7 months ago #16 by cmork

sozzled wrote: Did you do the "Install by URL" method?

yes i used that method i have joomla 2.5.14 and Kunena 2.0.4

More
10 years 7 months ago #17 by sozzled

cmork wrote: first i try with automatic updates and then follow your suggestion i made with the Guide to update in both cases give the same blank page.

This "blank page" occurs during the "Install by URL" method, yes?

In that case, please enable Joomla debug mode. It sounds like there is a problem with your website. Joomla debug mode might point to the cause of this problem. Do you receive any error information or do you only get a "blank page" when you try to upgrade K 2.0.4 to K 3.0.2 using the "Install by URL" method?

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #18 by rodfarrell
I have the same problem. The url method gives the same result as the automatic update method - white screen and Error 500.

Immediately after upgrading using the URL method, the screen shows Installation Successful and a blank popup screen which can't be exited. On refreshing the screen the site goes to plain white.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by rodfarrell. Reason: More info.

More
10 years 7 months ago #19 by sozzled
When you enable Joomla debug mode, what is the complete error message?

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #20 by rodfarrell
There is no error message, the whole Joomla site is down so debug does nothing. The error 500 can only be seen in Firebug. The full message there is:

"NetworkError: 500 Internal Server Error - http://localhost/jag/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=204&lang=en&layout=list&view=category"

The site home page shows:
"NetworkError: 500 Internal Server Error - http://localhost/jag/"
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by rodfarrell.

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds