Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please Read This First:

This is a community-driven self-help category to ask questions about designing or developing your own Kunena template. Please be aware that there are rules that apply to topics posted in this category:

Do not use this category for:
  • asking questions about how to make simple changes to a template designed by the Kunena project team (use K 3.0 Templates instead);
  • advertising your own template designs.

Topics that do not meet the above guidelines may be removed without notice.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Bug Cannot vote in polls - using [third-party] K 2.0 "Garava" template

More
9 years 3 months ago #1 by nun
I just put a poll up on my forum. Went to vote only to find this

500 Internal Server Error

Fatal Error was detected!

Fatal Error: Call to undefined method JUtility::getToken() in components/com_kunena/template/garava/html/topic/default_pollresults.php on line 58

The error was detected in the Kunena Component.

Looks like it might be with the template, but I never modified that file or anything

jomb.cw-sites.com/home/index.php/forum
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 3 months ago #2 by 810
seems like a bug in the template, we only support our template.

So switch to blue eagle.
More
9 years 3 months ago #3 by nun
Well I am using an alternate for a reason. As far as I know you don't have any dark themed styles. White would hurt your eyes on a darker website like mine
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
As you probably know, all templates from TemplateKunena are designed for Kunena version 2.0; as far as I know, they do not have any templates suitable for K 3.0.

There are other sites that have dark-themed templates designed for K 3.0 (see the advertisements on this page) but none of these other templates are free. You could, if you wanted (and you have the technical skill) develop your own dark-themed template.

If people want a dark-themed template then they have three choices:

1) use the Blue Eagle template and use the Blend with Joomla Template option;

2) build your own Kunena template; or

3) purchase a template from another developer who is prepared to support their work.

The release notes clearly state that templates designed for older versions of Kunena are not recommended.

If polls are not important to you then you may be able to use the Garava template from TemplateKunena for your forum (but you will not be able to use polls); if polls are important to you (and the Garava template does not work) then you need to use a different template.
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
More
9 years 3 months ago #5 by nun
Do you have any examples of 3.x kunena templates that are darker themed? I use grava because that is the only one I really found since I started using kunena a while ago
More
9 years 3 months ago #6 by sozzled

nun wrote: Do you have any examples of 3.x kunena templates that are darker themed?

Did you look at the advertisements on this page, like I suggested you do?
More
9 years 3 months ago #7 by nun
I cant see what you are referring to. I turned off my adblocker and I still don't see any ads. Can you link me please?
More
9 years 3 months ago #8 by 810
there is a new bug on adblocker.

try: go to settings of adblocker then unselect "Allow some non-intrusive advertising " close all Tabs so the browser. go back to kunena.org now the advertices are there.
More
9 years 3 months ago #9 by sozzled

nun wrote: I cant see what you are referring to.

Can you see the advertisements as shown in the image below?

See also message (above) from 810 about AdBlock settings. If you still have problems, you can write to me (my email address is shown on the team page) or use Google search for "dark theme templates for K 3.0".
Attachments:
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #10 by nun
No, it must be my firewall or something blocking them

Can someone just link me to the 3.x templates one?

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by nun.
Time to create page: 0.379 seconds