Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question SSL certificate problem

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #11 by sozzled

Mortti wrote: It all started here in my opinion --> developer.joomla.org/news/602-joomlacode-is-closing.html

Thanks, Mortti. I read that article a couple of weeks ago. I understand that there are good reasons for Joomla to close Sourceforge.

However, this does not answer the questions I asked in msg #9 above.

The fact is that "some users"—we do not know if it is a small number or a significant number of people—are having problems with the Joomla "auto-upgrade" procedure for K 3.0.7.

There may be other problems involving the newest release of Kunena that are associated with the GitHub issue .

It is also a fact that there are a growing number of topics relating to this "SSL certificate problem"—that only happens when people use the Joomla "auto-update" process— and the forum moderators seem to be treating them separately. Instead of tackling them separately, I think it would be a good idea if the topics were merged together into one topic so that all of these matters can be discussed in one place. I still have not heard from the developers if they are prepared to manage this problem as one topic so that all of these questions can be handled in one place or deal with each new topic separately as they arise.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #12 by 810
Hi Michael,

We are not merging topics together, The mean reason. Is that users don't find the fix quickly.

With multiple topics users can quickly see the same issue, and isn't opening a new question.

Ontopic, we are moving from github to an other file hoster. We need to find a good service provider.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #13 by sozzled

810 wrote: We are not merging topics together, The mean reason. Is that users don't find the fix quickly.

I disagree but, it's your forum and if you think it's better to have many topics (all about the one issue) then you will have to respond to all of the topics when you find the solution.

810 wrote: With multiple topics users can quickly see the same issue, and isn't opening a new question.

I have received a few questions from people about this matter because they could not find the information in the forum here. There is no "sticky topic", forum announcement or other information available in one place.

810 wrote: Ontopic, we are moving from github to an other file hoster. We need to find a good service provider.

This may or may not be "on topic" as you say. The questions that people have asked me are the questions I asked in msg #9 above.

The questions are:

1) If you are aware of this problem, why have you not explained to the community what changes you made in your blog , as a forum announcement or in the Official Announcements and News about Kunena category?

2) If the problem was caused by a "wrong" piece of XML , can you fix the issue with the "right" piece of XML?

3) If this problem affects "some" people, what percentage of the community will be affected?

4) If you are not going to merge the various topics that have already be created, will you provide information about what we are discussing in the five other topics that have been created about this issue.

I think we would really like answers to these questions and some assurance that the Joomla "auto-upgrade" procedure for updating Kunena will be safe and reliable for members of the community when they see "there is an update available for Kunena" on their Joomla dashboard.

Thanking you in anticipation of getting to the bottom of this issue. B)

More
9 years 2 months ago #14 by Mortti
Replied by Mortti on topic SSL certificate problem
Michael, this is not only K 3.0.7 "auto-update" issue: SSL certificate problem

You can get SSL Certificate-error also(depending of the server and certificates) if you try to install Kunena for the first time from Joomla! admin "Install from Web" on J! 3.3.6, J! 3.4.0 Beta 1,2,3 & RC1.

Developers are doing their best...

we are moving from github to an other file hoster. We need to find a good service provider.

At the moment, the easiest solution(those who face the problem of certificate) is to download the packages from the www.kunena.org/download and install them from the administrator area (Extension Manager -- Upload Package File -- Upload & Install Joomla Extension)

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #15 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic SSL certificate problem
Thank you, Mortti.

I would like to see responses to my questions , please, from 810 or xillibit.

The developers will be "doing their best" when they answer those questions and make a formal announcement somewhere that explains what is the problem with K 3.0.7.

More
9 years 2 months ago #16 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic SSL certificate problem

1) If you are aware of this problem, why have you not explained to the community what changes you made in your blog, as a forum announcement or in the Official Announcements and News about Kunena category?

Its not affecting only Kunena, Users can also not update to J3.4 when it will be released

2) If the problem was caused by a "wrong" piece of XML, can you fix the issue with the "right" piece of XML?

Its not causing by the xml, the xml is correct. The host (server) is connecting to ssl github. But when you haven't the right certificate. it will block, and you get the error.

3) If this problem affects "some" people, what percentage of the community will be affected?

No idea.

4) If you are not going to merge the various topics that have already be created, will you provide information about what we are discussing in the five other topics that have been created about this issue.

As you see, im relying to all posts.

We are moving to a other file server.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #17 by sozzled
Thank you, 810, for the answers to those questions.

If I understand correctly, the announcement about the release of K 3.0.7 did not mention that other change involving moving the distribution kit from Sourceforge to Github. As a result of moving the distribution kit for K 3.0.7 to GitHub, and when you added the new XML information in Joomla, this has caused problems for people who rely on the "auto-upgrade" feature of Joomla to update Kunena.

This important extra information was missing in the blog , in the forum announcement and in the Official Announcements and News about Kunena category. Perhaps, to save people a lot of time, it might be an idea to update those areas of the site with this information about moving the distribution kit to GitHub and warning people that the "auto-upgrade" feature of Joomla may not work for them.

I am pleased to hear that you are considering relocating the distribution kits on another server. Perhaps you could use space on the server that hosts www.kunena.org ?

Can you advise people if they need to do anything if they are unsure about using the Joomla "auto-upgrade" feature to update to K 3.0.7? Perhaps it may be an idea to refer to the several topics on this subject in Known K3.0.7 bugs/issues . This may also save people the time to search the forum looking for information about the problem.

What do you think of those ideas?

More
9 years 2 months ago #18 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic SSL certificate problem
We have located now the packages on kunena.org instead of github so the certificate SSL problem shouldn't appear anymore now

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
9 years 2 months ago #19 by sozzled
Perhaps the developers might like to

a) make an announcment in the Official Announcements and News about Kunena cateogry; and

b) update the links on the download page and in the Wiki — the current links still point to GitHub.

More
9 years 2 months ago #20 by rich
Replied by rich on topic SSL certificate problem
What is your problem? Autoupgrade operates now. Download via GitHub also works.

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds