Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question /unread at the end for url - right or not?

More
9 years 1 month ago #11 by emeyer
Well, I may have found a solution. The problem was that links from my sitemap were ending up going to 'unread' or 'list' however I set it up, because it was accessing the kunena forums through main menu aliases.

So on thinking about it, I inserted the kunena menu into the main menu, set up a split menu for the top of the forum pages, and turned off 'use kunena menu' in the kunena component.

The sitemap, which is what search engines were using, is generated from the main menu, and now all the links to the forum posts work properly.

The only thing is, the split menu at the top of the forum pages is not currently identifying the active menu item. Maybe Ididnt set that up the best way either, but I looked around on the Web and it seems AI have to make a core hack to fix that. However it was a very old post, and maybe now it is fixable with a template override.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #12 by emeyer
Well I now have a half solution. The reason I was having the problem was because I was using aliases in the main menu to the kunena menu, were being following by a sitemap script. So I tried the second method suggested here, of putting the kunena menu items inside the main menu; turning off 'use kunena menu in the kunena plugin; creating a menu module which just displays the kunena menu items from the main menu; then putting it in a module position over the kunena forum.

Sadly it does not entirely work, because I am aolso disabling motools for all menu items except those selected in a mootools disabler module, and unless some menu item is active for kunena, it disables mootools for it.

So I created menus for the categories and so on, and all of those pages work fine. But no menu item is selected when viewing a post, so mootools does not work on viewing a post, because no menu item is active then.

I found this article about fixing the active menu problem, and I am thinking if there is a better solution:

www.opencart60s.com/joomla/set-a-split-m...menu-item-59813.html

More
9 years 1 month ago #13 by emeyer
Well I tried experimenting with

<?php
$input = $app->input;
$input->set('Itemid', 2790); //apps menu
$app->getMenu()->setActive(2790);

With mixed success. however, I found another problem. I had named a blog menu item the same as the forum category name, and when I select a post to read, the menu highlights the blog menu item with the same name as the forum category. see.... so if the menu item is being selected by name /alias, and not by itemid, then maybe it works if the forums have unique names and the names are the same in the menu. But now I am really guessing, because it shouldnt be doing this in the first place, should it?
Attachments:

More
9 years 1 month ago #14 by emeyer
well, ive no idea why that happened, but I found something else that helps. If I enable 'direct component access' the threaded and indented views work again on forum posts. The category isnt selected in the menu, but bbcode works and all the buttons work. Now I can get back to working on the 'new posts' display.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #15 by emeyer
Im sorry to say this problem started again for no apparent reason. Again I am getting zero content for new guest sessions.

I am looking at the router code to try and figure out a solution, but it is not simple.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by emeyer.

More
8 years 9 months ago #16 by 810
Fixed the unread link for guests, included in the next version.

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds