Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question /unread at the end for url - right or not?

More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by horseguards
Hello,

In my home page I have the "latest post" module from Kunena forum. When I see the url of these posts I can see that they add an "/unread" at the end.

I am a real ignorant in the subject, but I do realize that this url

domain.com/foro/blah-blah-1235160/unread

and ths url

domain.com/foro/blah-blah-1235160

are not the same.

Can this affect SEO? coudl this be taken as duplicate content?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #2 by 810
try to update kunena plugin for joomsef or turn joomsef off on kunena

More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by horseguards
I have the latest version

More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by emeyer
yes, this does affect SEO, and I dont think there should be an /unread suffix for guests who are viewing the forum but cannot post. I think this feature should only be available for registered users.

More
9 years 1 month ago #5 by horseguards
I agree. It makes sense that only registered users would need this.

Ideas?

More
9 years 1 month ago #6 by 810
The unread is added by joomsef, I have looked in the list, but i didn't found the link.

More
9 years 1 month ago #7 by emeyer
no its not. Its added inside kunena, so its not possible to change the url with htaccess.

I am having the same problem with urls to topics having '/list' appened to them. I have tried enabling and disabling the kunena menu; enabling and disabling the flat/threaded/ optiions; and writing htaccess rules. This is very annoying, because I had a solution which worked on Kunean 1, but nothing seems to make any difference now.

More
9 years 1 month ago #8 by xillibit
Hello,

Do-you use latest versions of Kunena and module kunena latest ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #9 by emeyer
Yes this is 3.0.7, but but maybe the developers haven't spotted the problem because the '*/unread' and '*/link' URIs don't normally show up for admin.

The way I know they are there for guests is because I ran a web crawler on the site to check all links (I like linkchecker by Bastian Kleineidam).

A crawler reveals at least one null URL for every post, which is what search engines would see, and some guests would see too.

Really the standard solution for this problem is to use a query string for different views: '*?kunenaView=unread" rather than extending the URL itself.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by emeyer. Reason: typo fixes
The following user(s) said Thank You: horseguards

More
9 years 1 month ago #10 by horseguards
so, what can we do about it?

ideas?

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds