Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Permission issue: "Warning You cannot access the private section of this site"

More
10 years 1 month ago #21 by sozzled
I have sent you a message to the email address used in connection with your account at www.kunena.org . With luck you should have received it by now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #22 by Jumpstart123
Alright everyone we have found a solution for this. At least in this case.

First off this IS a joomla issue and is not a kunena issue.

Alright so here's what the deal is.

I went through with the wonderful help from sozzled for an hour or so trying to figure out what the issue was. We went through all the settings as discussed in another post on this forum. We checked the settings compared to a brand new joomla install with only kunena installed and everything working.

Finally we found a solution. If the above solutions do not work. All hope is not lost.

Heres what you need to check as well.

Go into the assets sql database.

Make sure that ALL parent_id's are set to 1 or more EXCEPT the root.

This fixed my issue of not being able to login to Joomla.

Good luck to everyone with this issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
10 years 1 month ago #23 by dankbeme
I have the same problems after upgrading to Joomla 2.5.18. This problem has also been reported on the Joomla support forum for 3.2.2

I checked my db as suggested and all are set to 1 or more except the root which is 0

Still no solution yet.

You mention another post in yours above - can you provide a URL please?

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #24 by sozzled
Some people may not have something broken in the Joomla _assets table (like jimrowland) but the cause of the problem is still the same.

The problem occurs if you have not logged into Joomla or if you cannot login to Joomla. In The case of JumpStart123, he was unable to login to his site except for using his super administrator account. When we fixed the Joomla _assets table (as he described it) he was able to login to his site (and the message "Warning You cannot access the private section of this site" went away).

This is not a Kunena problem. The cause of this problem is a Joomla issue.

For your information, I discussed this issue with Jon (via Skype) and it took us 2 hours to figure out the cause and the solution. We appreciate the Jon's donation of money for the time I spent working through this issue with him.

The solution given in the Joomla forum (from Elin Waring) works for those people who have a corrupted _assets table. This kind of corruption occurs in a minority of cases.

The true cause of the message "Warning You cannot access the private section of this site" is that you cannot login to your website (after entering a valid username/password combination). To determine why you cannot login may take time to investigate what is going on. One possible reason why you cannot login is because the _assets table has something wrong with it. There are other reasons, too.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 1 month ago #25 by Jumpstart123
dankbeme

You mention another post in yours above - can you provide a URL please?

Sure no problem boss. The URL is to a joomla forum topic.

Joomla Forum Link

Also sozzled it was greatly appreciated for the help. Got my name wrong though. You can just say Jon. B)

More
10 years 1 month ago #26 by sozzled
Sorry, Jon. My mistake (I edited my earlier message) :blush:

More
10 years 1 month ago #27 by Jumpstart123

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds