Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Smileys do not display properly and BBcode toolbar missing - Beez3 template - after migrating from J! 1.5 to J! 3.2.1

More
9 years 1 month ago #11 by sozzled

agabby wrote: I don't see this display on my forum anywhere.. not the formatting bar, smileys nor appeal bbcode. I have Joomla 3.4? But, didn't display a month ago either before upgrading from 3.2.

Please advise..

As the subject of this topic says, this problem seems to be isolated to those people who use the J! 3.x Beez3 template. Are you using this template?

As I wrote (over 1 year ago):

I recall that there were problems with Mootools and the Beez3 template in J! 3.2.0, but I thought they were fixed. Perhaps they were not fixed?

These issues may still be present in the Beez3 template in J! 3.4. I simply do not know for sure because I do not use the Beez3 template in my test sites.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #12 by agabby
OK, sorry.. nope but I have learned so much from other issues not exactly like mine. But, I was told by my template developer that the best way for me to test my site is to use on Beez3 first.

So should I submit a different request. How to get Smileys to Display Properly and BBcode Toolbar Missing?

Thanks

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #13 by sozzled

agabby wrote: But, I was told by my template developer that the best way for me to test my site is to use on Beez3 first.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. B)

In my opinion, the Beez3 template is probably one of the worst templates "developed"—if I could stretch the meaning of the word—for J! 3.x. That's just my opinion, of course.

I don't want to debate about whether the Beez3 template is the "best way" for you to test a Joomla website. I am aware that the Beez3 template has not been maintained or modified by the Joomla developers for 2 years (or possibly more) and, given the current state-of-play and Beez3 template's history of problems, I would suggest to people who are just beginning their Joomla "journey" to start with the J! 3.x Protostar template. Again, that's just my opinion, of course.

Although the developers have made a lot of effort to ensure that Kunena works with the "standard" Joomla templates, the Beez3 template is known to be "buggy" (i.e. defective) and problematic. As far as I know—I could be wrong and I'm happy to be corrected by the developers—Kunena is not tested with Beez3.

I suggest that you do one of the following two things:

1) Try with a different Joomla template—I suggest the Joomla Protostar template; if you find that your BBcode toolbar and smileys are working with the Joomla Protostar template then you know that the problems you are having were caused by Beez3.

2) If you absolutely, unquestionably and resolutely, cannot avoid changing your current [Beez3] template, the latest information that I have found on the issue (updating what I referred to earlier ) is github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/5543 may help. I'm sorry those references are technical but to help you understand what all that "Mootools" talk is about, in a nutshell, Kunena needs Mootools to generate the BBcode toolbar and smileys and the Beez3 template doesn't have the right kind of Mootools support. In other words, you need to "patch" your website with a Mootools Javascript library that cooperates nicely with that particular Joomla template.

So, what do you do? I can't exactly tell you what to do, can I? I'm only trying to explain the situation as best as I can. Perhaps the moderators here may have a better way of explaining the problems and they may be able to recommend an alternative.

The approach that was taken by the person who created this topic (over 1 year ago) was to use the Protostar template. It worked for him; it works for me, too. ;)
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #14 by agabby
All I asked is a simple question. I notice from reading several of your responses to people that You have a very "in your face" approach to responding to folk. Why? Why not just assist without all the comments? You are pretty condescending.. and honestly if it weren't for my template developer (a Joomla club) and the Kunena developer helping me.. I would have used another forum configuration by now.

All of that and I still don't have the right help.. maybe I should just wait for the Template developer to help me

A
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by agabby.

More
9 years 1 month ago #15 by sozzled

agabby wrote: All I asked is a simple question.

I'm sorry.

I will give you a simple answer: Beez3 does not work.

More
9 years 1 month ago #16 by agabby
and the other simple response is I don't use Beez3 .. I really thought that was understood

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #17 by sozzled

agabby wrote: and the other simple response is I don't use Beez3 .. I really thought that was understood

Sorry, I did not know that.

The subject of this topic is Smileys do not display properly and BBcode toolbar missing - Beez3 template

Because you have not shown us your configuration report , I assumed—perhaps incorrectly—that you were asking a question about using Kunena with the Beez3 template for Joomla.

In that case, a "better" topic that deals with these kinds of problems involving the missing BBcode toolbar and smileys that do not display on your website is The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion . Yes, I realise that you do not want to read all 963 replies in that topic (and a lot of the information relates to older versions of Joomla and Kunena—so I will try to make it easy for you:

1) 99.9% of these "missing" BBcode toolbar/smileys not working issues are caused by a Javascript library conflict. The Wiki article Common causes of Mootools (Javascript library) issues and Kunena provides some background information.

2) Most of these Mootools ( Javascript library ) issues are usually caused by some other Joomla extension you may be using. There are several known Joomla extensions that conflict with Kunena and cause the kinds of problems you may be having.

3) Finding the other Joomla extension that is conflicting with Kunena is not always easy. It involves looking at the various Javascript libraries that you are using and—sometimes it's trial and error—disabling each of them until Kunena works. Even for us professionals, this can take an hour or two.

4) There are other topics in this forum that also address the Javascript library conflict issue (for example, Loading BBCode editor... although this may not deal with identical issues to the problems you're having).

In conclusion, I would like to make two important points:
  • I am really trying my hardest, within the limits of a "self-help" forum like this one, to assist you. :)
  • Your configuration report is a really good place to start. I respect your decision to no share that information but you should also know that, without getting this kind of information it really makes things difficult for those of us who are trying our best to understand why, in your case, things are not working.

More
9 years 1 month ago #18 by agabby
Hello,

I appreciate your effort to help me.. re: configuration.. it could be that I don't understand. I will have to research further. I did read the inquiries re: Jquery and Mootools conflict.. and I actually installed a mootools extension thinking this would help.

Its these type of tasks such as hours of research, finding the right extension to operate, etc., that I find Joomla to be very tedious and time consuming.. Its taken me over 6 months and my sites are still not up, opposed to another web building program I've used in the past.. took me one week.. pop in the css code, elements, etc., and away it goes..

My purpose with Joomla is to save money in the long haul.. but at the same time I'm losing money but not having an online presence..

Thanks.. I will get back with you.. re: configuration.. again.. I thank you for your time.. just continue to have a bit of patience with folk like me

A

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #19 by agabby
OK, I lied (not on purpose).. I found that I was misusing the forum? I apologize.. wow..I was looking for these items to be in the front end of the forum, forgot I need to wait until a new topic is posted. Not sure how I overlooked the process..Just when I was giving up and looking for another platform.. My apologies Mr. @sozzled

April
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by agabby.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #20 by sozzled

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds