Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved K 3.0.2 message preview not working

More
10 years 5 months ago #11 by robin76
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 18000 seconds | Max execution memory: 1024M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jf_social | author: JoomForest.com | version: 1.1 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : JF Social | author: JoomForest.com | version: 2.0 - k_3 | creationdate: 20.08.13

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.2 | 2013-08-18 [ Nocturne ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 3.0.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Stats 3.0.1 | Kunena Login 3.0.1 | Kunena Search 3.0.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #12 by robin76
I've already read all post, but there is no solution there. There must be a problem inside kunena because of some conflict that I can't find nowehere.

More
10 years 5 months ago #13 by sozzled
If you are having problems using a Kunena template that was not designed, developed, supported or maintained by the Kunena team, we advise you to contact the developer of that template for their advice.

More
10 years 5 months ago #14 by robin76
As I said before problem is not of a single template.I have the same on latest kunena template and with or without joomla standard template

More
10 years 5 months ago #15 by 9themestore
Hi robin,

You try to switch the Blue Eagle template, if it work fine you need contact with the your template provider and request they resolve your problem. I think you are using the old version.

Regards

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

More
10 years 5 months ago #16 by robin76
Hi, I am sorry, but maybe I' ve been not clear, I already tried with every kind of template combination....

More
10 years 5 months ago #17 by xillibit
Hello,

Do-you have looked in your firebug console if you can see something ?

Do-you have a test account on your site ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 5 months ago #18 by freedomcoach
I have never ever used any template for Kunena other than the one provided by Kunena. My preview is still blank.

There is also no problem with my menus either. I use a menu item that logs me directly into the Discussion Forum and there has not been any issue with this menu in a very long time. I'm also running the very latest version of Joomla.

My latest configuration is below and I'm happy to update any item you really believe can be a culprit for the preview problem but please lets not go on a wild goose chase and waste everyone's time. ok?

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 660 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 360M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : BTC2012 | author: Illiana Technology | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.2 | 2013-08-18 [ Nocturne ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9 | UddeIM 2.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Stats 3.0.1 | Kunena Login 2.0.4

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #19 by sozzled
Way back in msg #3 I wrote this:

sozzled wrote: Howard, this is what I wrote in the other topic you started 3 days ago:

sozzled wrote: Maybe you are having problems because you are using the K 1.7.2 Blue Eagle template and you have not updated Kunena Search plugin and Kunena Login module to the latest version?

Also, your version of Joomla is out of date and you should upgrade it.

What I wrote, 3 days ago, applies the same here, too. Mortti's advice today is the same as my advice given 3 days ago, If you are unprepared (or unwilling) to update unsupported versions of software used on your website, there is not a lot that we can do to assist you.

The key question to this topic is whether the message preview facility ceases to work in the same ways as we were able to identify when you were using K 2.0.x. I vaguely remember those circumstances but the exact details of the case escape me at this very moment. Can we reproduce the problem here at K.org, for instance?

According to your configuration report posted a couple of hours ago, you are still using the Blue Eagle template designed for K 1.7.2. This is probably the reason that the message preview is not working on your website.

If you would like to try the Blue Eagle template designed for K 3.0.2 maybe you will see a difference? If you do not wish to use the Blue Eagle template designed for K 3.0.2 then I do not think we will find a solution to your problem, sorry.

I have given you several tips for things to change in the past. You've changed one or two of them but there's still a lot you can do.

For example, the Kunena Login 2.0.4 module that you are using is unsupported for K 3.0.2. Update it or uninstall it. Let's get your software up-to-date, let's eliminate as much as we can (there are no wild goose chases here - it's just a commonsense approach to dealing with these kinds of things). What I have suggested is not a sure-fire guarantee but at least we are eliminating all the possibilities. At the end of the day the problem may have nothing to do with Joomla, Kunena or the things you have installed; the problem may come down to your webhost. I am just trying to eliminate the variable contenders.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 5 months ago #20 by freedomcoach
Sozzled,

I have repeatedly said over and over again that I'm willing to make any changes that are needed to get my preview working yet you continue to portray this attitude towards me of "we can't help you if you won't make the changes". I do not get why you remain so negative and critical of me. Seems to be a remnant of past conversations.

I would appreciate it if you would shift your attitude to one of support. I'm not some renegade obstinate child!! Perhaps, you've become frustrated and resentful over the years with so many people who fail to follow instructions.

I switched templates and it made no difference with the preview. I will install the latest search plugin too. I do not use the Kunena Login on my site because I prefer to use other login modules.

Do you believe the Kunena login module must be actively used to make the Kunena preview work correctly? This sounds pretty weird to me. Just being honest.

More soon!

Howard

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds