Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question SEF issues with Kunena 3 on Joomla 2.5

More
10 years 10 months ago #11 by rich

I don't see how my Forum menu link is /index.php/Contacts/forum when it has nothing at all to do with Contacts.

You hadst a link to the Forum in the top menu "Contact" (also in the others top menus). Delete all existing menus and menu items that relate to your Kunena forum (also from the trash) and create all menu items new.
www.kunena.org/docs/Kunena_menu_issues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #12 by Andyman
Deleting every forum menu item and remaking them all new had no effect at all. The top menu item is still pointing to /index.php/Contacts/forum and results in a 404. Any other ideas? I'm stumped.

More
10 years 10 months ago #13 by Andyman
As a test, I created another menu containing only an alias pointing to the Kunena Menu:

www.culdceptcentral.com/index.php/culdce...ldcept-satps1-guides (top of the left column)

Unfortunately, it's pointing to the exact same wrong address as the Forum link in the top menu and likewise gives a 404. Is there another way I can link to the forum without disabling SEF?

More
10 years 10 months ago #14 by Andyman
OK, I conducted another test. I created a module for the Kunena Menu and put it on a page to test:

www.culdceptcentral.com/index.php/culdce...pt-satps1-card-lists

Note how all of the Kunena Menu links have Contacts in them and result in 404. This is after deleting the Kunena Menu completely and recreating it via the Tools menu.

I have no idea what is causing this, though I'm sure it has something to do with SEF not working correctly.

More
10 years 10 months ago #15 by Andyman
I just solved it. Apparently there's an issue in Joomla 2.5 that messes up newly-created menu items when SEF is enabled on some sites, but if you Rebuild the menu item after creating it, the problem goes away.

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=624&t=6...bf&start=30#p3041638

Thanks! I really appreciate your replies and willingness to help!

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds