Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Kunena menu problems: menu disappeared after updating Joomla 3.3.6

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #1 by patchworker
Hi guys,
I updated my joomla from 2.5.28 to 3.3.6. Everything was finde including kunena, but in the backend my control-center was not available, so I replaced /libraries and /administrator/components/com_admin/sql/updates with the original files from the full package.

Now, my control-center is available, every other thing works fine, except for kunena :( There ist no kunena in frontend, neither in backend.

Frontend says: closed for maintenance
Backend says: Fatal error: Class 'KunenaForum' not found in .../administrator/components/com_kunena/install/model.php on line 1363

But I did not do anything in the com_kunena?! I only replaced /libraries and .../update in com_admin/...

Don't want to reinstall kunena and lose the settings and all the posts from the members.

Is this a known issue?
Anybody here can help me?
Thanks in advance!
patchworker.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by 810.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #2 by 810
uninstall kunena. (all settings and messages still will be there) Then install the lasted version.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #3 by patchworker
If settings and posts remain, this would be a good thing. I'll trust you ;)
What do I have to do, if I want to delete EVERYTHING (incl. settings and posts: all the kunena-data)?

BUT: What do I have to uninstall? There are several entries with kunena (s. attachment).

Thx for your help!
spicer.

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by patchworker. Reason: missing attachment

More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by 810
i would say:
all.

Then install kunena again and the kunena language pack.

More
9 years 2 months ago #5 by patchworker
bingo - that's it! Many Thanks!

In the former version in the frontend I had three tabs e.g. "current". Now they are gone.
Where can I acitvate them?

Thanks again for your fast help!
patchworker.

More
9 years 2 months ago #6 by 810
you mean, index recent topics search?

go to backend - menu - mainmenu - enable forum item.

More
9 years 2 months ago #7 by patchworker
no, sry.
When you go to the kunena forum in frontend. Than there are the topics and above the possibility to login for members. And above that I formerly had three Tabs. Me and members could klick on "current" (or named similar - in german it was "Aktuelles") and there they could see only the newer entries.
If you go in backend to kunena -> configuration -> frontend you can declare that the current entries could be defined as "the last month" or "since last visit"...
But in frontend I cannot click this current view (sry for my english ;) ).

More
9 years 2 months ago #8 by 810
if you have installed the kunena language pack, then go to backend - kunena - tools - menu manager - click on restore menu.

Then the menu is german again.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #9 by patchworker
I am really sorry, but the language is perfect!
The tabs are missing. So you cannot look at the current entries.

But this is not the biggest problem. As I wanted to do your last tipp, I realised, that all the links are failing.
The categories in the mainpage from kunena are still there. In the right column the numbers of the posts are still correct. But when I click on a category, I get an 404 error "category not found" :(
The menu manager said: no mistakes. The click on restore menu was no help.

Sorry for the next problem :(
I have to leave now, but I will return tomorrow! Thank you very much for your help till now!
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by patchworker. Reason: spelling

More
9 years 2 months ago #10 by 810
ok, paste tomorrow the kunena report.

backend - kunena - tools - report

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds