Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Kunena "remembers" which page users last visited?

More
9 years 9 months ago #1 by jaymzyates
Hello,

Does Kunena have the ability to remember which page or post a user was on so the next time they click a thread it will take them back to this spot? We came from UBBThreads and users are complaining about losing this functionality.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Short answer to the technical question is no.

Short answer to the non-technical question is "sorry - we are not actually responsible for complaints within your community". I'm not sure what you do about that.

I guess it could be possible to modify Kunena's software, to store the URL of the page that the user last visited as part of their Kunena user profile, and to automatically jump to that page when that person next logged in. Of course, to do that, test to make sure that it all worked, and provide some kind of override mechanism within the user's preferences (because I, for one, sure as heck wouldn't want to operate in that manner) would probably take several months to put together as a new feature of a new version of Kunena.

That's the long answer. I think it will be a long time coming, too. I searched the forum - which has been running for 5½ uears - and I cannot find another reference to this kind of question. You might like to offer that advice to your community as a means of defusing the level of complaint. You could simply tell them that UBBThreads has certain features and Kunena has different features and this particular feature is not part of the Kunena feature set .

There is another solution. Most browsers these days have the ability to restart on the page last loaded. This "problem" may, indeed, be a familiarity-with-how-to-use-a-browser, "competence" issue. Of course, if the user flushes the browser cache on exiting, or if the user moves to a different site, then the history may be lost. That, is an entirely different proposition, of course, and it also belongs in the Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla category.

Returning to the question (and whether Kunena, itself, possesses the capability incorporated in other web-based discussion forum software), the answer is no.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jaymzyates

More
9 years 9 months ago #3 by jaymzyates
There was actually only one question but thank you for the answer :)

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds