Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved New to Kunena (old to forums): questions

• Mariosgr
  • Mariosgr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #1 by Mariosgr
I just moved from SMF to kunena,
i have some notices to do to make Kunena better.

1) You cant make multiple quotes so to respond to 3 persons you have to make 3 posts.
2) Admin when edits profiles from administration is not able to change the member email.

Please forgive me if notices are my mistake.
I will continue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled

Mariosgr wrote: 1) You cant make multiple quotes so to respond to 3 persons you have to make 3 posts.

That's half-correct. There is no single button that allows you to do "multiple quotes" (like SMF), that's true. We've discussed the issue of "multiple quotes" many times on this forum but no-one has developed a simple, "SMF-like" solution.

I guess you will either have to create separate messages or learn how to use Kunena BBcode and do some cutting and pasting. ;)

Mariosgr wrote: 2) Admin when edits profiles from administration is not able to change the member email.

That's also not entirely true. The administrator cannot change the details about another user's forum profile in the frontend, that's true. The site administrator can, however, change any account's email address using the Joomla User Manager functions in the backend. You have to remember that, unlike SMF, when your forum users want to register at your site and login to your site, they need a Joomla account. Therefore, if you change the Joomla user account in any way, you also change the Kunena forum profile.

Mariosgr wrote: Please forgive me if [questions] are my mistake. I will continue

Please try to help everyone by staying on one subject in the topics you create on the forum. You have asked two different questions on two different subjects in the same topic. I have answered your questions this time but, in future, please keep to a single subject within a topic.

It may help to read How to ask questions - the "smart" way .
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

• Mariosgr
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #3 by Mariosgr
Replied by Mariosgr on topic New to Kunena (old to forums): questions

sozzled wrote:

Mariosgr wrote: 1) Please try to help everyone by staying on one subject in the topics you create on the forum. You have asked two different questions on two different subjects in the same topic. I have answered your questions this time but, in future, please keep to a single subject within a topic.

I didnt wanted to make many posts because i am new.
no problem i will.

More
9 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Have I answered your questions to your satisfaction?

• Mariosgr
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #5 by Mariosgr
False alarm :laugh:

Is it possible to add the quote button here :

and when you hit quote not to overwrite the text and only add the quote?
The problem i think starts when you use the quote you have first to quote and then reply,
if you do the opposite, reply and then quote everything that is written is getting lost because quotes overwrites it

• Mariosgr
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #6 by Mariosgr

sozzled wrote: Have I answered your questions to your satisfaction?

Yes sure my friend

• Mariosgr
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #7 by Mariosgr
I cant make new topic,
any idea why ?

More
9 years 10 months ago #8 by sozzled
Where can't you make a new topic?

• Mariosgr
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #9 by Mariosgr

More
9 years 10 months ago #10 by sozzled
No. You cannot post in our "Archive" categories. That is correct.

If you want to start a new topic, please select the category from the list on the Index page.

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds