Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Newbie - with several questions!

More
9 years 10 months ago #11 by feste
Replied by feste on topic ... and in conclusion ...
Thanks for the post. I realise, as I said earlier, spammers like taxes are here to stay and your 'dull' websites are illustrative of that fact. Against that, from the ECC+ EasyCalcCheck website [use of which plugin I asked about previously] asserts this.

Tip: This website and all my demo sites did not receive any entries or registrations through spam bots with the following configuration: arithmetic problem, hidden field, time lock and Akismet. If this configuration is not enough, then another spam service can be activated additionally.

Which kind of makes you wonder! I have only very limited experience and knowledge of managing CMS websites but I find it striking how for no apparent reason a 'dull' website such as lallans.co.uk can become a target for spambots seemingly out of the blue generating spam registrations in numbers resembling a plague of locusts of biblical proportions. Hoping to avoid that, I shall do as you advise and study 'How to protect my forum from spam' with interest!

Thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds