Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged J 3.x: How to re-order/rearrange/sort Kunena categories in Category Manager?

More
10 years 10 months ago #1 by ritesh_z
Hello,

I'm testing Kunena 3.0 on a Joomla 3.1.1 test installation before going live. My question is about Reordering options in Kunana. This is the structure I've in Kunena:

1. - Laptops (section)
1.1 - Dell (category)
1.1.1 - Precision (sub-category)
1.1.2 - Inspiron (sub-category)
1.1.3 - XPS (sub-category)

1.2 - HP (category)
1.2.1 - Elitebook (sub-category)
1.2.2 - Probook (sub-category)

1.3 - Lenovo (category)
1.3.1 - Thinkpad (sub-category)
1.3.2 - Ideapad (sub-category)

2. - Tablets (section)

These items were created in the order that is shown above. What I want to achieve is following:
1. Move "Inspiron" before "Precision".
2. Move "Lenovo" before "HP".

I've explored enough in backend but can't find an option to do it. Does anyone know how I can get this done?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #2 by ritesh_z
Okay, I've found how this is to be done. It was a little tricky though.

Apologies.
This thread can be deleted, if required.

More
10 years 8 months ago #3 by Webbrent
Hi Everyone,

I have been searching for a while now, but haven't found a solution as yet pertaining to Kunena 3.0.1

I am using Joomla 3.1 with Kunena 3.0.1.

I have created numerous sections/categories in my forum layout, however would like to manually re-organize them. I know previously you could edit the order in which they appear in the front-end, but it doesn't seem as obvious a solution as previous.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

More
10 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
This is one of the cool features of Joomla's new Bootstrap templating system. The "trick" in J! 3.1 is to drag and drop the categories from one place to another. Yes, it's that easy! :woohoo:

The following screenshot shows you the widget you need to select with your mouse to perform the drag-and-drop action:
Attachments:

More
10 years 8 months ago #5 by Webbrent
Fantastic! Thank you Sozzled. Took me a while and then noticed that I need to click on the Organize by this field before the Widget became selectable.

Attachments:

More
10 years 7 months ago #6 by everstar
I am looking for a simple way to reorder the forums under a category. It looks like in older versions you could simply move them up in down in the categories manager where you add and delete them from the list. It apparently sorts by ID number. Is there a way to move them up and down so on the frontend they display how you want them. Example of Forums out of order because I was entering them in randomly and now I want them in the proper sequence.

Main
Forum 1
Forum 3
Forum 2

Main 2
Forum 2
Forum 3
Forum 1

Thanks!
Mark

More
10 years 7 months ago #7 by everstar
Ok, I figured this out, its not a Kunena issue, its a Joomla 3.0 newbie issues! :) So you have to activate the sorting feature in Joomla 3 by clicking on the top of the sort Colum to activate it and then its drag and drop to move items to a new place in the order.

Sorry for the confusing post! Hopefully this may help others who get tripped up!

Mark

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #8 by sozzled
G'day, everstar, and welcome to the forum.

everstar wrote: I am looking for a simple way to reorder the forums under a category. It looks like in older versions you could simply move them up in down in the categories manager where you add and delete them from the list.

Correct. That is the way that Kunena category management as always worked. It works this way, too, in K 3.0. :)

everstar wrote: It apparently sorts by ID number.

Sections, categories and sub-categories (let us use the correct names) will be listed in your forum index in the order that they were created unless you change the arrangement in the Kunena Category Manager.

everstar wrote: Is there a way to move them up and down ...

Yes, there is, but it depends on what version of Jooma you are using. Your Kunena configuration report will provide us with that information.

*** Topics merged ***

I answered a question like this recently. B)
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 2 months ago #9 by Klausimausi
Hi there,

seemed to be a simple task but i havent found a solution for this topic:

how can i sort (sub)categories manually? if i add a new (sub)categorie it is placed at the bottom (propably ID based). but how can i get it to be shown for i.e. on the 2nd place?

i searched the whole kunena config/wiki/goolge but no luck.

a quick answer highly appreciated. thanks in advance! :)

Klausimausi

More
10 years 2 months ago #10 by Jiminimonka
In Kunena -> Category Manager, click on the little highlighted icon, then you can drag the Categories around as you please.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Klausimausi

Time to create page: 0.420 seconds