Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved How to insert an image in the category header, category description or forum post using the Kunena BBcode [img] tag

More
More
10 years 2 months ago #22 by sozzled
This is my 20,000th message posted on this forum! :woohoo: I hope it's a good one! :laugh:

The reason why there is a broken image placeholder - thanks for the tip (I used a different browser and I was able to find it) - is because there is no file called www.lochaberforum.org/media/kunena/categ.../facebook_button.png on your server.

*** Off-topic ***

I normally use Firefox and, according to the configuration settings, the value for browser.display.show_image_placeholders = true. Perhaps there's something buggy in FF 26.0, I don't know.

*** End Off-topic ***

Perhaps you forgot to copy the image to your server and store it in that folder so that you could make reference to it? ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #23 by robfromfort
Been watching your post count lol, congratulations! I'm pretty sure the .png is there? going to check with the FTP. I'll get back to you.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #24 by robfromfort
OK I checked the image location to double check. Thought perhaps there was a maybe a problem with the image being a .png, so have changed the image to a .gif in PS and uploaded it with a different name.

This is the full path name I'm using
Code:
http://www.lochaberforum.org/public_html/lochaberforum/media/kunena/category_images/button_facebook.gif

I'm pretty sure the url is correct and I'm 100% that the image exists and is where it should be.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by robfromfort.

More
10 years 2 months ago #25 by rich
Firebug shows an incorrect path.
/public_html/lochaberforum/media/kunena/category_images/button_facebook.gif

The requested URL /public_html/lochaberforum/media/kunena/category_images/button_facebook.gif was not found on this server.

would be correct
/media/kunena/category_images/button_facebook.gif

More
10 years 2 months ago #26 by rich
the complete correct path
Code:
http://www.lochaberforum.org/media/kunena/category_images/button_facebook.gif
The following user(s) said Thank You: robfromfort

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #27 by sozzled

robfromfort wrote: OK I checked the image location to double check.

If the image www.lochaberforum.org/media/kunena/categ.../facebook_button.png existed, you and I and anyone could click that link and we would see it.

There is not file named "facebook_button.png" in the foilder <site-root>/media/kunena/category_images/. Perhaps there is a file with this name in a different folder, but it does not exist on your site ... or there is some caching involved and you need to purge your site cache (or wait for the cache to refresh).

robfromfort wrote: Thought perhaps there was a maybe a problem with the image being a .png, so have changed the image to a .gif in PS

I do not understand the abbreviation "PS". Perhaps you could educate me what you mean.

robfromfort wrote: This is the full path name I'm using

Code:
http://www.lochaberforum.org/public_html/lochaberforum/media/kunena/category_images/button_facebook.gif

I'm pretty sure the url is correct and I'm 100% that the image exists and is where it should be.

Likewise, if the file existed, you should be able to enter the URL { www.lochaberforum.org/public_html/lochab.../button_facebook.gif ) in the address bar of your browser and you would see an image. Again, this comes back to website management fundamentals and is not a problem specifically related to Kunena.

EDIT: Yes! The file www.lochaberforum.org/media/kunena/categ.../button_facebook.gif exists! :woohoo:
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robfromfort

More
10 years 2 months ago #28 by robfromfort
OK so I don't need the full FTP location.

This works :D

Sorry for the long confusing thread, and thanks to you all for your help

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #29 by sozzled
Good! Please do yourself a favour and spend the couple of minutes that it takes to find out how to put in place the really easy-to-use Kunena menu ... and also look at how to implement Joomla Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) both of which will save you heaps of time and heartache. ;)

robfromfort wrote: OK so I don't need the full FTP location.

Unless you know how to construct the URL using the FTP protocol , no, you don't need to do that.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 2 months ago #30 by robfromfort
Thanks, Yeah will do, been meaning to set up the menu but I had a few delays and wanted to get the site live so been looking at overall look first, still got a whole rake of things to do yet.

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds