Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved How to insert an image in the category header, category description or forum post using the Kunena BBcode [img] tag

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #11 by robfromfort
Yep having problems adding the attachment here of the tif image.

Anyway it's in the category header.

Even with the full code, which was what I first used I get an x image
Code:
[img]http://localhost/public_html/mysite/media/kunena/category_images/button.png[/img]
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by robfromfort.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #12 by sozzled
Your Kunena menu is non-existent; I recommend you look at Kunena Menu issues .

If I could see (at first hand) the specific URL reference that you have written for the image in the category header, maybe I could understand better why the syntax you have used is incorrect and why it's pointing to a non-existent URI ? Another way for us to see what you've done is for you to provide the URL reference to the page on which the "red X" image placeholder appears.

The use of "localhost" is incorrect in specifying a URL. If that is the syntax you are using, it will not work because your server cannot parse "localhost"; this makes no sense if you attempt to construct absolute URLs in that manner.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robfromfort

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #13 by robfromfort
Replied by robfromfort on topic Category Image
Ah ok, I just used the only article I could find on the topic from here www.kunena.org/forum/146-K-15-Hacks-Tric...r-and-or-description But yeah i see what your saying,
Code:
http://www.blah.com/

This is the link to page with the problem, changing my url from localhost didn't seem to sort the issue.

www.lochaberforum.org/index.php/auto-gen...e/lochaber-revisited
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by robfromfort.

More
10 years 2 months ago #14 by sozzled

robfromfort wrote: Ah ok, I just used the only article I could find on the topic from here www.kunena.org/forum/146-K-15-Hacks-Tric...r-and-or-description

That is just a generalised example and it's not a "hack".

robfromfort wrote: But yeah i see what your saying, www.blah.com/

Of course, that won't work, either, (because the website does not exist).

As I mentioned before, this is not really a question about Kunena. This is website management fundamentals. Has this answered your question?

Now that we understand your question better, I am renaming this topic.

More
10 years 2 months ago #15 by robfromfort
Don't take me too litterally I didn't really use www.blah.com :D I just used it as a general example. I used my site with the full path name.

More
10 years 2 months ago #16 by robfromfort

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #17 by sozzled
So, we have fully answered your question and you do not have any more red X instead of an image in your forum category header(s). I ask this because, when I visited your website, I could not locate any category on your forum that used an image within the category description. In other words, I did not find any red X.

If this question has been answered we can close this topic. If your question has not been answered, it would help a lot if we could see an example page - the URL of that page - from your site where there is a red X instead of the image and then we could tell you exactly what is wrong.

EDIT: There is no red X in the category header on the page www.lochaberforum.org/index.php/auto-gen...e/lochaber-revisited . The category header is blank.

Also, you have no Kunena menu (perhaps that's what you wanted but I'm just saying ... ) - I mentioned this several posts ago.

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 2 months ago #18 by robfromfort

More
10 years 2 months ago #19 by robfromfort
I see a red x where I want the image and is I hover over it the browser shows me the file path. I can't seem to upload an image to the forum or I'd show you.

More
10 years 2 months ago #20 by robfromfort
Don't worry about the menu I'll take care of that a bit later. Not sure why your not seeing the x , it's just to the left of your left arrow unless your browser doesn't show broken images.

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds