Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved How to insert an image in the category header, category description or forum post using the Kunena BBcode [img] tag

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #1 by robfromfort
Hi, sorry to be annoying. I am having an issue getting an image to show in the category header. I have the location set in configuration as category_images and I have put my image in the folder /media/kunena/category_images.

I am using the bbcode
Code:
[img]myimage.png[/img]
and have also tried saving the image as a .gif and and .jpg. However all I get is the little box with the x in it.

Any help or ideas as to why this might not be showing correctly would be a help, perhaps something else needs to be enabled for this to work correctly?
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by robfromfort.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #3 by robfromfort
I did look through the wiki for an article on it and searched through the forum and google. All I found were old articles based on early versions of kunena. There's nothing in the wiki FAQ's either.

EDIT:

It's not the catagory image I want to change, I want to add an image into the catagory header using BBcode.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by robfromfort.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #4 by Jiminimonka
To do that, you need to have a URL link to your image.

For example
Code:
[img]images/picture.png[/img]
will take picture.png from your Joomla/Images directory.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Jiminimonka.

More
10 years 2 months ago #5 by robfromfort
OK, is the path always set in kunena to a specific file now ie. the images file? I initially did try the full http:localhost/my/folder/here/myimage.png and it still came with an x.

Then I saw in the configuration that the default path appears to be category_images which is why I put the image here and presumed it would only need the image name?

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
I am sure that we would answer this question a lot faster if we understood what "image(s)" you want to change or customise. A picture of these things would help. The subject of this topic is "Category Image"; we need to change it. If we knew what you were talking about, we could change the subject to something that is more relevant.

The.answer may also depend on your current environment; it may help to provide us with your Kunena configuration report, too.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 2 months ago #7 by robfromfort
Will do a bit later, using Vista right now and print screen is donkey co....

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled
You do understand the meaning of the term "URL", don't you? if you want to place an image in the category header and/or category description, the image filename needs to be properly "qualified" with its relevant absolute or relative path. If the path is missing, you will get a red X or empty image placeholder instead.

After re-reading this topic several times over, I think I understand the question a lot better.

The question - better topic subject perhaps - is "How do I use BBcode to insert an image in my category header and/or category description?"

The answer is that you insert an image using the same BBcode syntax that you use if you were inserting an image in a message posted on the forum. The only difference is that, in posting a message on the forum, you have an toolbar to make it easier to see the correct syntax and a message preview to see what the post will look like before you press the submit button.

So, really, the question is not just about how to insert an image in your category header and/or category description. The question is about what is the correct syntax to use in forming the URL. A URL can either be an absolute or relative [to your website] reference. If you use relative URLs you need to know what is the base reference of the page at the time the HTML is parsed. Relative URLs have their place and purpose but they need to be constructed with care. Absolute URLs always start with a specific protocol definition.
Code:
http:localhost/my/folder/here/myimage.png
is very different to
Code:
http://localhost/my/folder/here/myimage.png

This is not really a question that is specific to Kunena. This is a question about web fundamentals.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 2 months ago #9 by robfromfort
Yeah sorry I did miss the // in the post, my bad. My poor typing isn't the problem. Posting the config report as I type.

More
10 years 2 months ago #10 by robfromfort
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jsn_epic_free | author: JoomlaShine.com | version: 6.0.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-12-22

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.4 | 2013-12-22 [ Ukko ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.2

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds