Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged K 3.0: "There are no published categories in ." message

More
10 years 4 months ago #11 by sozzled
Sections still exist in K 3.0.

A "category" without a parent is a section.

I'm glad that you figured it out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #12 by rstofer1
I too am getting this message. I have at least one section and one category setup.

There is no guest access to my forum and I have 3 levels of users being Registered Users, Super Users and Administrators. If in Kunena User Manager \ Moderation I change the user to a Global Moderator then suddenly I see the Sections and Categories.

Any ideas?

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #13 by sozzled
G'day, rstofer1 and welcome to Kunena.

rstofer1 wrote: There is no guest access to my forum ...

Do you mean that you have set the configuration setting

(1) Kunena Forum: Configuration » Security » Security Settings » Allow Guests to Post/Write = No

or do you mean that you have set the the option

(2) Kunena Forum: Configuration » Security » Security Settings » Registered Users Only = Yes

or do you mean

(3) you have set the permissions on the categories in your forum so that only registered users can see these categories and the topics in them?

It would help to see your Kunena configuration report to know what we are talking about.

The reason that people get the message "There are no published categories in ." is usually because they have set the permissions on all categories in the forum so that no-one can access them. Another reason why this message appears is when people have migrated from J! 1.5 to J! 2.5 or J! 3.x and the category permissions did not carry over.

Global moderators and site administrators can always access all categories.

You need to change the permissions on the categories so that your registered users can access them. I suggest you look at Simple forum setup instructions .
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #14 by vishwapratapsingh90
Hi,

First of all thanks a lot for such a great extension, we have been using it since a long time.

We have upgraded Kunena from 1.5.4 to 1.7 and then from 1.7 to 2.0.4. Upgrading from kunena 1.5.4 to 1.7 also took to upgrade Joomla from 1.5.14 to Joomla 1.5.26. We have then upgraded Joomla to 3.X version along with Kunena.

All forum categories, posts, topics are migrated successfully, no error was reported during upgrade process. Problem is on front-end when we login as super users or moderators all categories, sub-categories, topics, posts are visible but when we login as registered users nothing is visible on front-end. Only "There are no published categories in ." is displayed.
Kindly help out with this. Configuration Report is attached.

Regards,
Vishwa Pratap Singh
Attachments:

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #15 by sozzled
G'day, Vishwa, and welcome to the forum after all this time. ;)

Did you look at the topic "There are no published categories in ." message ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: vishwapratapsingh90

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #16 by vishwapratapsingh90
Greetings Sozzled,

Thanks for the reply. It helped !!!

Regards,
Vishwa Pratap Singh

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #17 by sozzled

More
9 years 3 months ago #18 by mightec
Hi
I am using CB 2.0.4 and Kunera 3.0.6, as far as I can see all plugins are enabled, etc as I can get the system to work if I am login as an Administrator, but not as a registered user.

If I am logged in as the administrator I get the forum page as seen in attachment 1.

If I am logged in as a registered user I get the forum page as seen in attachment 2.

All the permissions are set to the default settings, if I change the permission for the registered users to administrator I get the form page as seen in attachment 1.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds