Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved How do you hide Forum Statistics and User List from registered users?

More
10 years 7 months ago #1 by all4christ
I have been searching the forum and the Internet for how to hide both the forum statistics and User List from Guests and Registered Users and was unable to find any workable solution. This was a future that was available via the Kunena backend configuration Integration (v2.0) but seem to be no longer available in v3.0+. It appears only User List can be disabled from guests but not registered users.

Here are my reasons for wanting to hide the information.
  1. Forum Statistics - I believe this should only be for administrators and moderator view only. Others may think otherwise but for us, we do not want unauthorized users seeing our userbase record.
  2. User list - This appears to me as a privacy issue and potential easy security issue for the Joomla site. You make it one step easy for a hacker to register on the site, then review the site's user list and harvest usernames that could be potentially compromised especially with some users having weak password. I know a site administrator can enforce strict passwords, but this has proven in the past to be counter-productive as most basic users have found it frustrating remembering passwords that they are not used to, hence leading to site abandonment. I think the development team should do a rethink on the policy which currently appear to allow full userlist access to forum members...if it can be disabled for guests, then there should also be an option to enable backend configuration for site administrators to disable for registered users and/or moderators.It will further make Kunena more robust.

Please if anyone has found or know of a way to achieve this with or without much hack, please share.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #2 by Jiminimonka
You can hide all those statistics & the link to the user list by changing the settings in Kunena -> Configuration -> Extras in the backend.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Jiminimonka.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3 by all4christ

Jiminimonka wrote: You can hide all those statistics & the link to the user list by changing the settings in Kunena -> Configuration -> Extras in the backend.

Awesome...thanks

More
10 years 3 months ago #4 by hjw
Okay that works as expected. But smart users (ok there are not many ;) ) can still access the list if the figure out the url. I found the setting for registered users only. But I also want it to be impossible for registered users.. Feature? Or am I missing something

More
10 years 3 months ago #5 by sozzled

hjw wrote: But I also want it to be impossible for registered users.. Feature?

Yes, I think this would have probably have to be a feature of a future version of Kunena.

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds