Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Upgraded to K 3.0.0 but "preview' button does not display message preview

More
10 years 9 months ago #11 by sozzled

stitchva wrote: [

sozzled wrote: - Also, please read Support for PC-hosted websites (e.g. WAMP, XAMPP) .

Joomlas2Go! 5.07 has its UwAMP built-in server very well tweaked to meet Joomla! requirements, however, I'm doing every step test over the same site hosted live & local each time before posting an answer here.

That's a lot of double-handling isn't it? Remember, you are not comparing apples with apples. The environment on your local server is nothing like the environment in the hosted platform. You may think that everything works on your local server but, when it comes time to deploy the site on the live production environment things work differently. Then we get the question "Why doesn't my site work on my production environment after I spent months working on it using a PC-based server environment?" Well, I think you would have to understand why we would have no ideas about such things.

We don't know what's happening on your local PC server environment. That's something only people on your LAN can assist you with. Good luck with the resolution. We will mark this topic as unsolvable and move it to the archive for you. If the situation changes, please let us know.
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 9 months ago #12 by stitchva
Why to archive it? How to post final resolution here if marked as unsolvable and archive it?
More
10 years 9 months ago #13 by sozzled

stitchva wrote: Thanks both for your help and close support.

Isn't this what you wanted? You wanted us to close the topic, yes?

If you find a way to resolve your problem then, by all means, please post your solution.

We cannot help you if you continue to ask about issues that arise on your PC-hosted environment. Those are issues that can only be looked at by people who have access to your LAN. Therefore, in cases like these, where people ask for help with questions about their PC-hosted environment where they are unable to resolve them, we have to mark such issues as "unsolvable" until, or unless, the person asking the problem finds a solution. That's just the way things work at this forum.

The topic remains archived and "unsolvable" until you find a way to resolve this yourself or unless we can see the issues for ourselves by seeing your real configuration report together with a test account that allows us to reproduce the symptoms of this problem.
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #14 by stitchva

Thanks both for your help and close support.
Isn't this what you wanted? You wanted us to close the topic, yes?

>> close support = does not mean that I have asked you to "close' the ticket. Please, 'Google Translate' the word close to your mother language to see that 'close' word has more than one meaning ;-). When used in a phrase like 'close support' means 'devoted support'

>> I don't think the final site owner will allow me to give temp. SU access to their site. If yes, I would report you back the login data. However, I'll post here the conflict origin and final solution that surely may help others.

Thanks again for all,

Rgrds,
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by stitchva. Reason: typo
More
10 years 9 months ago #15 by sozzled
We are unable to provide you with devoted, dedicated or sustained support in this situation. Yes, I did misunderstand what you meant earlier but, unless you provide us with the configuration details of your production site, the only people who can assist you with your current problems (on your LAN-restricted, PC-hosted environment) are the people who have access to your LAN.

We do not require super-user access to see the symptoms of the "preview button problem". Any non-privileged account that is able to post messages on your site will do just as well. You have to understand that the problem can only be seen by someone who is looking at the site through your eyes. The rest of us are working blind but doing our best to help you. This topic remains marked as unsolvable and archived unless the operational constraints that you have imposed change.
More
10 years 9 months ago #16 by stitchva

We are unable to provide you with devoted, dedicated or sustained support in this situation. Yes, I did misunderstand what you meant earlier but, unless you provide us with the configuration details of your production site, the only people who can assist you with your current problems (on your LAN-restricted, PC-hosted environment) are the people who have access to your LAN.

>> Understood 1st. time you said that. Thanks anyway, to rewrite that several times.

We do not require super-user access to see the symptoms of the "preview button problem". Any non-privileged account that is able to post messages on your site will do just as well. You have to understand that the problem can only be seen by someone who is looking at the site through your eyes. The rest of us are working blind but doing our best to help you. This topic remains marked as unsolvable and archived unless the operational constraints that you have imposed change.

>> Thanks for making more clear what type of access you would need. As said, if the final site owner would allow me to give 'frontend' access through a temp. 'member account' to their site forum then, I would report you back the login data.

Meantime, thanks again for all your attentions and close support,

Rgrds,
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #17 by stitchva
[SOLVED]

Hi,

Tryed several approach to try to solve the reported issue but this one solved the reported 'upgrading' issue:

- Downloaded a backup of the live site.
- Restored to a Joomlas2Go! 5.10 MULTISITE Pack.
- Uninstalled 'Kunena 3.0.1' (the kunena DB tables remain there)
- Installed Kunena 3.0.1 as new

>> Reported 'Post preview not displayed' issue, has been solved.

- Backed-up again and replaced the 'wrong' live site version.

>> Hope this may help others,

Rgrds,
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by stitchva. Reason: typo
Time to create page: 0.616 seconds