Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved K 3.0 successfully installed on J! 2.5.11, but all pages to access component blank

More
10 years 9 months ago #1 by janettka
Please assist. I can't find any error logs to indetify problem. After installation I see message about successful install.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Difficult to know where to begin here. Let's start by saying "G'day, Janet, and welcome to the community" :)

(1) No configuration report (which would be really helpful in the circumstances) - see the category header information a couple of centimetres below the part where you login/logout on this page.

(2) Looks like we're trying to see something on a local PC-hosted environment (see Support for PC-hosted websites (e.g. WAMP, XAMPP) )

(3) Did you follow the instructions given in K 3.0 Installation Guide ?

Those things for starters.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 9 months ago #3 by janettka
Thanks for the fast reply.
Below my answers.
1. I can't get configuration report, because all Kunena items open blank page for me.
May be there is another way to get it?

2. It is doesn't matter if I use Denwer or real hosting. I have 2 hosting in web and on both I experienced the same problem on this template with Kunena 3.0. Kunena 2.04 also can't be installed with error that it is unable to downgrade Kunena 3.0 (that was not previously installed. I restored site from backup several times)

3. I followed the instructions. More over I have tried to install from temp folder (unpacked Kunena) in Extension manager. This didn't help.
+
I have restored site from backup taken 1 month ago where Community builder has not yet been installed, but Kunena installed with blank pages anyway.

May be there is compatibility problem with some component?
Looking back to receiving your advice.

More
10 years 9 months ago #4 by xillibit
Make a list of third party components/plugins that your are using ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 9 months ago #5 by janettka
Components:
1. Flexi contact
2. Community Builder
3. JCK Editor
4. JComments 2.3
5. Akeebabackup
6. sigplus
7. Uddeim

Plugin:
1. Recaptcha for Community builder

Uninstallled from Joomla:
1. Virtuemart
2. Cherry Picker

More
10 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled

More
10 years 9 months ago #7 by janettka
Found.
Link how to diagnose errors in Kunena
www.kunena.org/docs/How_to_diagnose_blank_page_on_kunena

Link on script to collect information about your site where kunena doesn't work (works for Kunena 3.0)
www.kunena.org/docs/K_1.6_Configuration_Report
1. Copy fpa-en.php in root of site
2. Open browser and type: mysite.com/fpa-en.php

My results below:

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled
Let me make this really simple for you:

How to obtain your Kunena configuration report for K 3.0: Read the article K 3.0 Configuration Report or watch the video ( vimeo.com/69818669 ) which explains, step by step, what you have to do

If you cannot obtain the Kunena configuration report from your site then it is because the installation of Kunena on your site was not successful (even if the installation procedure displayed a message otherwise). So, you now have the problem: what to do with an unsuccessful or corrupted installation of computer software? The standard remedy as we all know is (a) to revert (if you can) to the situation you previously had when everything was working properly and (b) to retrace your steps.

We cannot diagnose the problems for you if your website is accessible on a local [LAN-restricted] PC-based server environment. We can guide you, perhaps, but the diagnosis is something you have to do yourself. Please read again what I wrote to you in msg #2 of this topic and, in particular, the links I included in that message.

Diagnosing "blank pages"? Enable Kunena and Joomla debug mode.

Thank you for the trouble you went in getting that "report" you gave us but, really, the Kunena configuration report is all we need. You seem to be using K 3.0.0. I suggest you use K 3.0.1.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: janettka

More
10 years 9 months ago #9 by janettka
I have enabled all possible error reporting cases following debug instructions.
I can't install kunena 3.0.1 with the errors on screenshot.
Problems with schema.php file.

More
10 years 9 months ago #10 by janettka
Finally I was able to install Kunena 3.0.1 pkg from tmp folder.
But now see another problem: all itmes in Kunena admin panel displayed with programming language names :

Configuration report attached.
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : AllRusty-FJT | author: FJT | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.1 | creationdate: 2013-06-29

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.1 | 2013-06-29 [ Noordwijkerhout ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9 | UddeIM 3.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Time to create page: 0.593 seconds