Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Having problems restricting the right to post within a category

More
10 years 9 months ago #1 by WhatNoWebsite
Hi

I've set up a separate user group in Joomla called "Subscribers" which takes it's permissions from "Registered".

I've adjusted the settings in a category within Kunena to use the Joomla access levels so that only "Subscribers" can post but this does not appear to be working as a registered user can indeed start a new topic.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2 by WhatNoWebsite
Configuration Report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jsn_epic_free | author: JoomlaShine.com | version: 5.1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.1 | creationdate: 2013-06-29

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.1 | 2013-06-29 [ Noordwijkerhout ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
10 years 9 months ago #3 by WhatNoWebsite
I've waited patiently for a response.

Is anyone at Kunena available to look at this...?

More
10 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you for your patience. I, personally, do not understand why things are not working as they should according to the picture of how you've defined access to the forum category you showed us in your picture; unless, perhaps, you've made some changes to the component access? Have you, in any way, modified permissions to Kunena component?

More
10 years 9 months ago #5 by WhatNoWebsite
No, that's what's confusing me.

I added a user level called "Subscriber" so that I can control which forum categories this user type can access but when I apply this in the back end it does not work in the front end.

Strange I know...

More
10 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
We've bounced this topic among the team and we're as puzzled as you are. :S

More
10 years 9 months ago #7 by WhatNoWebsite
Have you tried creating custom user groups in Joomla 2.5 and then assigning these groups as being able to access areas of the forum...?

More
10 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled
Yes, that's how we control things here are this website. That's why we're puzzled as to why it's not working for you.

More
10 years 9 months ago #9 by WhatNoWebsite
I'm keen to see a solution as I have active users.

Any workarounds you can think of perhaps while we wait for a permanent fix...?

More
10 years 9 months ago #10 by sozzled
Yes, I can suggest a few ideas. It may be more appropriate, in your case, to discuss the situation one-on-one via Skype. To set this up, please write to me by email, introduce yourself, let me know if you are prepared to discuss these things by Skype, and we will try to organise a time to do it. My email address is on the team page.

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds