Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Button names not translated

More
10 years 10 months ago #11 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Button names not translated
I am guessing that your forum is a non-English language forum and you have not installed the language pack for K 3.0.0, is that correct. Without your configuration report I don't have any other ideas. Sorry.
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 10 months ago #12 by Never-in-Doubt

sozzled wrote: I am guessing that your forum is a non-English language forum and you have not installed the language pack for K 3.0.0, is that correct. Without your configuration report I don't have any other ideas. Sorry.

No it's English forum but the language pack doesn't work as detailed in my last screenshot.

Can I load the previous language pack for the last version?
More
10 years 10 months ago #13 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Button names not translated
I am surprised that the symbolic literal strings are not translated to their correct English language names on your site. It could be a bad installation of K 3.0.0 and it may be advisable to re-install Kunena on your site. You can do that without affecting your existing forum configuration settings, categories that you may have created or forum topics that may have been posted.

Without seeing your configuration report, I am only guessing. We can continue to attempt to guess further as to the possible reasons why your site is misbehaving (as far as Kunena is concerned) or ...

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Do you have some kind of HTML/Javascript code aggregation software running on your site (e.g. JCH_Optimizer) - again, this is just another wild guess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Never-in-Doubt
More
10 years 10 months ago #14 by Never-in-Doubt

sozzled wrote: I am guessing that your forum is a non-English language forum and you have not installed the language pack for K 3.0.0, is that correct. Without your configuration report I don't have any other ideas. Sorry.

It's English - I am English - nothing non-english about the site or forum. I tried to load the language pack and it says "no files to upload" as per my last screen print that I posted.
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #15 by Never-in-Doubt

sozzled wrote: I am surprised that the symbolic literal strings are not translated to their correct English language names on your site. It could be a bad installation of K 3.0.0 and it may be advisable to re-install Kunena on your site. You can do that without affecting your existing forum configuration settings, categories that you may have created or forum topics that may have been posted.

But it's not just me now, someone else has just posted the same error....

Can you clarify, to reinstall do you mean just literally upload it again or do I have to do anything first to delete the current installation? Not 100% sure what you mean by reinstall it (new to this) thanks :)

sozzled wrote: Without seeing your configuration report, I am only guessing. We can continue to attempt to guess further as to the possible reasons why your site is misbehaving (as far as Kunena is concerned) or ...

I have the latest version installed, how do I get this report please? If you tell me and stop pasting the same info that doesn't work for me, then I can do it for you. Your link relates to v.1.7 or something - I am using v.3/

sozzled wrote: Do you have some kind of HTML/Javascript code aggregation software running on your site (e.g. JCH_Optimizer) - again, this is just another wild guess.

Nope, nothing like that - just a normal theme and normal extensions ;)
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Never-in-Doubt.
More
10 years 10 months ago #16 by Balázs
Check your Joomla warnings in Joomla Backend -> Extensions -> Extension Manager -> Warnings. Do you have small PHP file upload size?
More
10 years 10 months ago #17 by Never-in-Doubt

Balázs wrote: Check your Joomla warnings in Joomla Backend -> Extensions -> Extension Manager -> Warnings. Do you have small PHP file upload size?

Thanks - it reads:

Your PHP memory limit is set below 8MB which may cause some issues when installing large extensions. Please set your memory limit to at least 16MB.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #18 by Balázs
You should try this:

1. Download Kunena Language Package 3.0.0
2. Unzip.
3. Enter an extracted directory.
4. Choose your single language package (e.g. com_kunena_ar-AA_v3.0.0.zip) in a language directory.
5. Install this one in a Joomla Extension Manager.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Balázs.
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #19 by Never-in-Doubt

Balázs wrote: You should try this:

1. Download Kunena Language Package 3.0.0
2. Unzip.
3. Enter an extracted directory.
4. Choose your single language package (e.g. com_kunena_ar-AA_v3.0.0.zip) in a language directory.
5. Install this one in a Joomla Extension Manager.

Hiya

Did that - installed the Welsh (which was the only one suitable, ie GB) language pack..... no change :(
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Never-in-Doubt.
More
10 years 10 months ago #20 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Button names not translated

I have the latest version installed, how do I get this report please? If you tell me and stop pasting the same info that doesn't work for me, then I can do it for you. Your link relates to v.1.7 or something - I am using v.3/

You find it in "Dashboard > Tools"

Did that - installed the Welsh (which was the only one suitable, ie GB) language pack..... no change

You can install only languages which exist also in Joomla. But I think your complete Kunena installation is corrupted. Your system meets not the minimum conditions.
www.kunena.org/docs/K_3.0_Technical_Requirements

Maybe it helps if you try install Kunena via URL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Never-in-Doubt
Time to create page: 0.394 seconds