Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for discussing issues with the K 3.0 Blue Eagle template.

As general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

We do not answer questions about other templates for Kunena here.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question My responsive Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena

More
10 years 2 months ago #1 by soloantiquar
Hi Forum, on a lot of templates I installed KUNENA and it works. Recently I installed KUNENA on a responsive template on der-eule-verlag.de . Also the installation is fine - but: everytime I try to submit / preview a new post the surface becomes white, stays white and there ist only a circlesign running round and I can't go back into the system. But the email tells me there is a new post.

I did a lot of Emails with the template club on that subject. They told me responsive templates don't like KUNENA.

Screenshot

1) before SUBMIT

2) after klicking

on SUBMIT

Is there any help Regards Helmer from Dresden
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Helmer, and welcome to Kunena.

I visited your website. The only thing I found out - because you did not provide us with any details about your site - is that you are using K 3.0.4 with a Joomla site template developed by HotThemes . I cannot tell much more than that.

soloantiquar wrote:

I did a lot of Emails with the template club on that subject. They told me responsive templates don't like KUNENA.

Of course, as we all know, that's rubbish! :laugh: A more accurate statement is that Kunena does not always work with some of the millions of Joomla site templates that exist on the internet. Kunena works with responsive templates! As an example, Kunena works with the Protostar template - the default template shipped with J! 3.2 - and so the claim that "responsive templates don't like Kunena", is false.

Looking at the first image in your question, the topic icons are arranged vertically. This means that there is a conflict between the Joomla site template that you are using and with the Kunena Blue Eagle template. We have discussed this issue in the past (e.g. Blue Eagle template (slightly changed) displays topic icons and BBcode icons vertically ). The answer lies in reading the article My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena ... .

As far as the second part of your question is concerned - the "spinning wheel" effect when you post a message to your forum - this is more serious. I believe that this is happening on your site (although there's no way for us to test it for ourselves) but, even though I am guessing that there may be a Javascript conflict between some jQuery library you have installed and Joomla's Mootools, it might be an idea to enable Joomla debug mode.

As you know, you have used many other Joomla site templates with Kunena and everything works well. In this case, one particular Joomla site template does not work with Kunena (and I am sure that this is not the only time that this happens). If I was in your situation I would use a different Joomla site template - one that works with Kunena - but I can't make that decision for you.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 2 months ago #3 by soloantiquar
Hi on debugging I get the follwing 500 Error

Call stack
# Function Location
1 JSite->dispatch() /www/htdocs/xxxxxxx/xxx/index.php:42
2 JError::raiseError() /www/htdocs/xxxxxxxx/xxxx/includes/application.php:208
3 JError::raise() /www/htdocs/xxxxxx/xxxx/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:251

Is that of any help for you or me?

Regards Helmer

More
10 years 2 months ago #4 by Jiminimonka
Please post your Kunena Configuration Report. However, this is caused by your Joomla template, not Kunena.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
10 years 2 months ago #5 by soloantiquar
Where do I find "Kunena Configuration Report" in debug mode. When ever I set a SUBMIT for a new post I get a 500 error with the message I send before. Regards Helmer

More
10 years 2 months ago #6 by soloantiquar
Here is a report from the KUNENA system. Is it that what you mean? Regards Helmer

More
10 years 2 months ago #7 by soloantiquar
One again the REPORT in full length

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 200M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : hot_blocks | author: HotJoomlaTemplates.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: ??Unknown??

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-12-22

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.4 | 2013-12-22 [ Ukko ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled
You wrote (in a message reported to the moderator team here)

Kunena should work with my template. You can have my ftp or Joomla admin if it would help you and me to have Kunena running in that template. Regards Helmer

If you read My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena ... you will see that we are not responsible for "fixing" problems that may occur with the many Joomla site templates that people can choose to use. If you purchased your site template from your template provider then you should, in the first instance, ask for help from the template provider. If you believe that K 3.0.4 should work with your Joomla site template, how do you know this? Did your template provider tell you that they have tested K 3.0.4 with that template and that they have no problems with it?

Perhaps it is not the Joomla site template that is at fault but, because you wrote that you have used other templates with Kunena and they work, this seems to be the only thing that is different.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds