Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Solved Autosubscription Plugin

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #11 by lurd.sammie
I also need auto-subscribe plugin. I have just moved from phpBB where I was using Board watch to auto-subscribe all users. I had to move because one has to depend on joomla-phpBB bridges for a single sign-on all the time and quite often they let you down badly.

The Board watch also appends a link for you to click if you don't want to auto-subscribe to topics anymore.

Another important feature of Board watch is the option to send notification email once and not send anymore until the user visits the forum. So if user selects such option then he will not be notified again until he visits the forum to read the updates. This way it curbs the flood of emails bombarding the users which in itself could be irritating to users.

By the way has anybody tried this plugin yet?

Any feedback on performance?

Thnx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #12 by kylepond

File Attachment:

File Name: kunenaautosub.zip
File Size:1 KB

I've been using it. It's basic and I haven't noticed any performance issues. If you want to test it, make sure you use the attached file. There's very little code in the plugin:
Code:
<?php defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access'); jimport('joomla.plugin.plugin'); class plgUserkunena_autosubcat extends JPlugin { function onUserAfterSave($data, $isNew, $result, $error) { if (! $isNew) { return true; } $userid = JArrayHelper::getValue($data, 'id', 50, 'int'); if($result) { $db = &JFactory::getDbo(); $query = "INSERT INTO `#__kunena_subscriptions_categories` (`catid`, `userid`) SELECT `id`, $userid FROM `#__kunena_categories`"; $db->setQuery($query); if (!$db->query()) { throw new Exception($db->getErrorMsg()); } } } } ?>

As per the update notifications, I believe Kunena has that feature. Under configurations, see users, subscriptions, topic subscriptions (email first update).
Attachments:

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #13 by lurd.sammie
Thanks very much for the update.

Does it also work for existing registered users, its for new registration only?

Thnx

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #14 by kylepond
It only works for new users. It wouldn't be that difficult to implement a feature into Kunena that ran the sql query you see in the code on a choosen user, but that was beyond the scope of my project and I don't know how to accomplish this with a plugin- as a result it would be more of a code hack that can't be easily disabled if I wrote poor code.

I did have a few existing users in my board when I implemented the plugin. What I choose to do was to manually modify the kunena_subscriptions_categories table with the appropriate catid and userid. If you had a lot of users this process would be pretty time consuming but you could write a sql query that selected all userid. If working with the database directly is out of your comfort zone let me know, I don't mind helping you.
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by kylepond.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #15 by Diesel9a1
For a small website with low traffic (local community website) the auto subscription feature is a must. Not all users are geeks like me / us, and only just know how to check emails and simple browsing. They may only check the forum once a month and miss out on new topics / threads.
This feature helps notify them of new news and they come and check.

More
11 years 11 months ago #16 by esotericvision
thanks, i have a need of this feature for a neighborhood watch program. most of my users are not very sophisticated when it come to forums. i'll see how it works and reply back. thanks!

ben

More
11 years 11 months ago #17 by esotericvision
Hi,

I've implemented ACLs within my forum now. Everything seems to be going well too! I've now implemented the auto subscription plugin that someone kindly shared (thank you!). Here's the interesting thing. The new user is subscribed to all categories regardless of privileges.

The new user can only view what he had been given privileges in joomla so that's unaffected. They also don't get emails with messages from categories they don't have privileges to but are still automatically subscribed to so that's good. I'm still concerned since I'm still new to kunena. Can anyone give me ideas as to what kind of conflicts or problems may show up in the future if I leave the system functioning this way?

Best Regards,

Ben

More
11 years 11 months ago #18 by lurd.sammie
I think what I have in mind is a form of an opt-out rather than opt-in subscription system. The admin could configure it in the backend to auto subscribe selected user groups or all registered users. But in the email notification that goes out to the users there could be a link to allow them to unsubscribe to either the topic or the whole category or simply not to receive further notification until they visit the board.

The user can also amend the subscription options in his profile preferences. This is more useful for small groups where users simply don't bother to go to the site to check on topics unless prompted to do so eg. we are using it on our association website to discuss association matters.

More
11 years 8 months ago #19 by webiedesign
Replied by webiedesign on topic Autosubscription Plugin
I just installed this with Kunena 2 and got an error similar to:
Table 'tablename_kunena_subscriptions_categories' doesn't exist SQL=INSERT INTO `prefix_kunena_subscriptions_categories` (`catid`, `userid`) SELECT `id`, 473 FROM `prefix_kunena_categories`
any ideas appreciated..I would love to use this

More
11 years 7 months ago #20 by achartier
Replied by achartier on topic Autosubscription Plugin

webiedesign wrote: ..... Table 'tablename_kunena_subscriptions_categories' doesn't exist ....

That table no longer exists in 2.0. My quick look shows that subscriptions are now stores in kunena_user_categories and kunena_user_topics, one record for each category/topic subscribed to. The plugin will need to be modified for this change.

It should also be modified to check access levels before subscribing. This is a task I am not qualified to do. Anyone else?

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds