Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question SW KBirthday Module support & news

More
11 years 5 months ago #231 by svanschu
Replied by svanschu on topic Kunena Birthday Module
It's a normal Joomla module. If you install it and go inside the config the options should be clear. Also a small FAQ github.com/svanschu/mod_sw_kbirthday_J16#faq
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 5 months ago #232 by Roman83
Hi, I apologize for my bad English ...
Need to display a birthday only certain groups of users, such as moderators and administrators.
How to implement it?
More
11 years 5 months ago #233 by fribse
I still see a problem when people have birthdays, though only for some, not for all users.

Best regards
Fribse

Dykkerklubben Dannebroge www.dkdb.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Mosede, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
More
11 years 5 months ago #234 by fribse
Btw. the problem is still the multiple posts happening in Kunena. As far as I can see it creates a new thread every time the module is loaded during the day of the birthday.
Reinstalling the module hasn't changed anything. Though I haven't tried to uninstall it first, and then install it again, but I don't see what good that will do.
I have Advanced Module Manager running here, but it's only after 2.5.7 that I've seen the problem, and AMM has been running since the startup of the site.

Best regards
Fribse

More
11 years 5 months ago #235 by svanschu
More
11 years 5 months ago #236 by fribse
It's getting updated regularly, currently it's 3.4.1

Best regards
Fribse

More
11 years 5 months ago #237 by Voice4Vision
I was getting the same issue with multiple posts...however I solved it very easily by creating language files that reflected my default language.

I currently have 2 languages installed on my server; en-GB & en-US(Default Language) for both Site and Admin. Although GB and US are essentially the same language, you still need to ensure that ALL of your extensions and other language files have a matching language file per your default. This includes /components/com_kunena/language...so for instance I have

/components/com_kunena/language/en-GB
.....en-GB.com_kunena.controllers.ini
.....en-GB.com_kunena.ini
.....en-GB.com_kunena.models.ini
.....en-GB.com_kunena.templates.ini
.....en-GB.com_kunena.tpl_blue_eagle.ini
.....en-GB.com_kunena.tpl_mirage.ini
.....en-GB.com_kunena.views.ini
.....en-GB.mod_kunenamenu.ini
.....en-GB.mod_kunenamenu.sys.ini
/components/com_kunena/language/en-US
.....en-US.com_kunena.controllers.ini
.....en-US.com_kunena.ini
.....en-US.com_kunena.models.ini
.....en-US.com_kunena.templates.ini
.....en-US.com_kunena.tpl_blue_eagle.ini
.....en-US.com_kunena.tpl_mirage.ini
.....en-US.com_kunena.views.ini
.....en-US.mod_kunenamenu.ini
.....en-US.mod_kunenamenu.sys.ini

Anyplace in which language files are maintained needs to have a language directory that correlates to your default language as well as all files from every extension and template.

A good tool to help you find missing language files is called Localise . It seriously helped me...it only searches the Site and Admin language directories...so any languages within an extension directory will NOT be seen, and translations will need to be manually done.

Once I created en-US ini files for all my base, extensions, and templates...the birthday mod began working as advertised.

Try switching your default language to en-GB and see if the issue is still present (This is assuming that you have all of the en-GB files for each extension)? I would also delete all previously created birthday wishes and reset the birth date as necessary.

Hope this helps..

Voice4Vision

This is all I did to fix my issue...I did not try anything else.
More
11 years 5 months ago #238 by fribse
Well, that's a very big task here, as my language in the frontend is danish, and not that many modules/ components etc. have all the translations, so that's not a solution here.
I've just had the problem display itself again, approx. 60 threads created here for 1 birthday.
It definetely needs a solution :-/

Best regards
Fribse

More
11 years 5 months ago #239 by svanschu

fribse wrote: Well, that's a very big task here, as my language in the frontend is danish, and not that many modules/ components etc. have all the translations, so that's not a solution here.
I've just had the problem display itself again, approx. 60 threads created here for 1 birthday.
It definetely needs a solution :-/

Totally agree with that!

I'm searching for the problem. Running different tests to localize which part does the harm.

Really sorry for the time delay. :(
More
11 years 5 months ago #240 by fribse
Thanks, for now I've just disabled the thread creation.

Best regards
Fribse

Time to create page: 0.456 seconds