Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question SW KBirthday Module support & news

More
12 years 1 month ago #101 by fribse
I saw the 'its x's birthday today' but no thread was created in the forum.

Best regards
Fribse

Dykkerklubben Dannebroge www.dkdb.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Mosede, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #102 by nevrastenek
I did further testing and I need an exorcist :laugh: :laugh:

I still have problems but I found some strange behavior.

Created a TEST user and maked the following checks:

Setting date of birth 16/03/1980 is correclty displayed "TEST birthday is in 2 days"

Setting date of birth 15/03/1980 is correclty displayed "TEST birthday is in 1 day"

Setting date of birth 14/03/1979 birthday is not shown.
Setting date of birth 14/03/1980 birthday is correctly displayed "TEST birthday is today"
I try whit 1976 1980 1984 1988 1992 1996 , is th same.
The problem is the leap year. If a user is birth in a leap year is correclty displayed and thread is created, If not, birthday are not displayed.

In my case i have also another problem.
Setting the date of birth 14/03/1980 "TEST birthday is today" is displayed and the thread is created with the happy birthday. But at every refresh or access to the pages of forun is created a new thread with the happy birthday for the same user. If i set english language only one thread is created.
I supose i must rewrite it-IT.mod_sw_kbirthday.ini

ciao

[EDIT]

I have translated the en-GB.mod_sw_kbirthday.ini and saved as UTF-8
it-IT.mod_sw_kbirthday.ini.
if i dont select language or i select language it-IT i have the problem of "multi threads"
With en-GB selected only one thread is posted.
I dont know wher is the problem the two files are the same (of course excluding translation), same permissions. Activated debug mod and no error displayed
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by nevrastenek.
More
12 years 1 month ago #103 by svanschu
Have you played with the multilanguage options of the module?
More
12 years 1 month ago #104 by svanschu
@psymon What Version you are using? The J 1.5 or the J 1.6+?
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #105 by nevrastenek
yes, i played

in this configuration

subject are in EN and only one thread is created with message in IT and EN

in this one

subject are in IT and multi-thread problem is present. Message is in IT and EN

My config : J 1.5.25, CB 1.7.1, Kunena 1.7.1, PHP Version 5.3.2

[EDIT]
tryed to set language in English and save the en-GB.mod_sw_kbirthday.ini with the exactly content of it-IT.mod_sw_kbirthday.ini.
Same multi-thread problem. Now i think that the problem is in my translation file... i wrote something not allowed... but the translation of module are correctly displayed without any problem
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by nevrastenek. Reason: removed wrong message
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #106 by Ricolla
I configured it that way and it works perfect. Perhaps this will help you. And at all it supports german language, even english language is on.

regards Ric
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Ricolla.
More
12 years 1 month ago #107 by psymon

svanschu wrote: @psymon What Version you are using? The J 1.5 or the J 1.6+?

J 1.6+ Version - Joomla 2.5.1 php 5.3.8
More
12 years 1 month ago #108 by nevrastenek
today is a birthday of a user ( birth 17/03/1976)
for this user no issues present...

1976 is a leap year and user is showed in a list of birthdays and only one thread was created in IT language.

Incredible... one day dont work... another is ok...
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #109 by MfGLucker
This message contains confidential information

*** Moderator's comment ***

English only is to be used in this category. Please edit the contents of this message and translate to English.

Sammle erst die Fakten, dann kannst du sie verdrehen, wie es dir passt.

Mark Twain
test
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: Reason: Hide contents
More
12 years 1 month ago #110 by derek hendry
Not sure what happened here and if it has been discussed before we have been running the birthday module with J1.5.25 and K1.6.2 it has been upgraded during its use as it was still missing certain birthdays. However today it did not miss the birthday but repeated putting in kunena about 300 threads in about an hour. fortunately i tried to get onto the site,, it would not let me with normal links but typing in the website address i saw there was a large number of threads and disabled the module, any ideas what this could have been
Time to create page: 0.486 seconds