Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved No activity stream notification on JS 2.8

More
11 years 2 months ago #11 by sozzled
:huh: I was not being rude. I was statinga few simple facts. I was using short simple sentences. I am not an expert on JomSocial (I have never used it), myself. I was trying to inform you of what I knew.

If I had not written anything at all - which may now (in hindsight) have been a wiser choice - two things would have happened:

(1) I would not have been criticised for being "rude" by stating the facts; and

(2) People would have been left thinking that the issues being discussed in this topic were under active consideration by the team as matters for the team to address in the future when new versions of JomSocial are developed. It was my intention to convey the current thinking within the team that these matters should not remain within the purview of Kunena to manage in the future and that responsibility for continuing to handle these things should shift elsewhere.

We are getting off-topic. The short answer to the question asked by 1001notte is, "we don't know".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #12 by John
Well...lets say we differ in opinion about being rude ;) but that's ok.

Fact: you changed the post I had questions about - this version is much better and clearifies a lot.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by John.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #13 by sozzled
I had to be careful in what I wrote earlier. I wanted to make sure that I did not write something that could be seen (by the Jomsocial and iJoomla people) as being controversial or just plain wrong.

I was not being rude. It's not always easy (when one reads written replies) to detect the difference between giving short, simple sentences and rudeness. I have been wrongly accused of rudeness in the past for giving short simple sentences. I have be wrongly accused of rudeness for avoiding the issue or for not writing lengthy, detailed explanations about things that people can find out for themselves (if they spent as much time as I do doing the background research).

I can only say that I do my best to help where I can. How people may perceive my "help" is entirely a matter for them.

To re-iterate, the answer to these kinds of questions about "will Kunena continue to support 'brand X' product into the future" is simple. The Kunena team has no obligation to support any Joomla extension, no matter how popular that extension may be or how useful it may be to anyone who chooses to use that extension now or into the future.

Rather than to fruitlessly debate the topic or the way that I have gone about handling the matter, I think this issue should be something that could better be pursued elsewhere, e.g. the JomSocial forum. If someohe finds more up-to-date information about this topic, that they've obtained outside this forum, it would he helpful to update this topic when that information is obtained. We will advise the Kunena community as, and when, we have something more definite to advise. In the meantime it would appear that we do not have a solution to the questions asked by 1001notte at the beginning of this topic. I think we can safely agree on that.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John

More
11 years 2 months ago #14 by John
I have asked JomSocial if they can take a look at the plugins and this thread. When I get an answer I will post it here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1001notte

More
11 years 2 months ago #15 by yuzef
Back to Topic.

I got the problem JS show only notification in js front page its say like : 2 New Message.
Is that you problem ?

I solve the problem with :
Install kunena plugin within in you jomsocial package (its zip file name kunena.zip), and just publish it. Do not configure it YES to core application, leave it to NO.

with that simple now i see any forum post in my js.

Love Simplicty
read...... and learn........

My Joomla Test Site
The following user(s) said Thank You: hans.karrer

More
11 years 2 months ago #16 by 1001notte

yuzef wrote: Back to Topic.

I got the problem JS show only notification in js front page its say like : 2 New Message.
Is that you problem ?

No, there is nothing.

More
11 years 2 months ago #17 by 1001notte

John wrote: I have asked JomSocial if they can take a look at the plugins and this thread. When I get an answer I will post it here.

Thanks, hoping team will keep this pluging working.

More
11 years 2 months ago #18 by John
The plugin that puts the forum posts on the JomSocial wall is actually developed and supported by JomSocial. You should ask them to look at that plugin. The other plugins that can be downloaded here were maintained by Kunena, but these plugins dont post on your wall.

More
11 years 2 months ago #19 by fuqaha
Hi guys,

Fuqaha of JomSocial Team here. This issue originates from JomSocial as we recently optimized JomSocial streams to make it much faster in JomSocial 2.8 on top of many other performance updates.

This has caused some issues with other extensions that integrates with our stream although we thought that this has already been dealt with during our beta.

Please bear with us as we are coming up with a patch to fix this on JomSocial and our beloved forum, Kunena (which is now powering jomsocial.com/forum).

Thanks and Im truly sorry for the trouble.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jiminimonka

More
11 years 2 months ago #20 by hans.karrer

yuzef wrote: Back to Topic.

Is that you problem ?

I solve the problem with :
Install kunena plugin within in you jomsocial package (its zip file name kunena.zip), and just publish it. Do not configure it YES to core application, leave it to NO.

with that simple now i see any forum post in my js.

I solved the problem with this solution. thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1001notte

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds