Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Kunena 2.0.2 - CB integration - Profile link redirect ?

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #1 by pepperstreet
Hello,
just updated from Kunena 1.6 to 2.0.2. Using CB is 1.8.1, Joomla 1.5.26

I am curious about the CB integration and the profile link in Kunena menu. As far as I can see, the parameter tooltip says it should re-direct. But I still get the Kunena Profile page.

All other profile links in the topics work fine. They point to CB.

german:

english:
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by pepperstreet. Reason: screenshots in two languages

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #2 by rich
Go in the backend to "Menus > Kunena Menu > Profile" and change the menu type.
"Change Type > Community Builder > User Profile"
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by rich.

More
11 years 6 months ago #3 by pepperstreet
Yes, i know. That is the manual way to "correct" it. Somehow.
Sorry, that I posted the german screenshot. Here is the english version:

As you can see, the Kunena MenuItem should be used as normal. The integration plugins and parameter settings in the menuItem should switch/redirect automtically. Thats why I am asking... it is currently not working that way. A bug?
Attachments:

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #4 by rich

A bug?

Possible, but I think not. The kunena menu point is "index.php?option=com_kunena&view=user" and does not change after the integration.
But when you set "Use Integration = No" then all other profile links lead also to the Kunena profile. This will be meant.

More
11 years 6 months ago #5 by pepperstreet

rich wrote:

A bug?

Possible, but I think not. The kunena menu point is "index.php?option=com_kunena&view=user" and does not change after the integration.
But when you set "Use Integration = No" then all other profile links lead also to the Kunena profile. This will be meant.

I remember, it worked in older versions. (K1.5/6)
Also, the tooltip is very clear: "... THIS menu item gets REDIRECTED to ANOTHER component."
I will try to setup a J25 test to compare it to J1.5. Maybe thats the difference or the culprit...
The following user(s) said Thank You: rich

More
11 years 6 months ago #6 by sozzled
Maybe it would help to see your configuration report. ;)

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #7 by rich
A configuration report will help anything. I can confirm it what has written pepperstreet. I had tested with Joomla 1.5 and 2.5.
Even with Kunena 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 now. pepperstreet has right, with Kunena 1.5 has it been different. But it existed not yet the kunena menu point "Profile" with integration (only since Kunena 1.6).

But it works with Kunena 1.6 and also with Kunena 1.7. Only since Kunena 2.0 the issue is present. Then it's a bug.

Thank you for your report, pepperstreet. :)

github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues/1115
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled, pepperstreet

More
11 years 6 months ago #8 by pepperstreet

rich wrote: A configuration report will help anything. I can confirm it what has written pepperstreet. I had tested with Joomla 1.5 and 2.5.
Even with Kunena 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 now. pepperstreet has right, with Kunena 1.5 has it been different. But it existed not yet the kunena menu point "Profile" with integration (only since Kunena 1.6).

But it works with Kunena 1.6 and also with Kunena 1.7. Only since Kunena 2.0 the issue is present. Then it's a bug.

Thank you for your report, pepperstreet. :)

github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues/1115

You are welcome! Glad it was not my fault ;-)

BTW, i remember that i had upgraded from 1.x... and there was a notice and a tool that found a legacy menuitem. There was also a button to fix/update this menuitem. There was a success message... but actually it did not repair/update the link. At least the notice came back over and over again... I then re-created the profile link manually. Then the notice disappeared!

(but the CB re-direct issue occured)

Time to create page: 0.569 seconds