Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Merged [Merged topic] K 2.0: Problems with third-party content plugins

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #21 by lutheriah
No, I won't do it. I've never used a previous version of Kunena. I just knew the Component since yesterday, and I thought it excellent, and because of that I'm going to donate to the Kunena Organization. I think disabling previous and nice functions did not make the component totally better, but prune it. In my opinion, keep more relevant functions and add more is the right way.

The JoomLatex is so important to me as Kunena, because I'm creating a mathematician forum, and, I don't know if you know what means the LaTex codification, but it is totally essencial between equations and computing.

Thanks for answer, and I'll wait and work for a solution for all the users that are having the same problem. If there's no compatibility, of course we can create one.

Hugs! ;)
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by lutheriah.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #22 by sozzled

lutheriah wrote: The JoomLatex is so important to me as Kunena, because I'm creating a mathematician forum, and, I don't know if you know what means the LaTex codification, but it is totally essencial between equations and computing.

See my updated reply from a couple of minutes ago.

More
11 years 9 months ago #23 by lutheriah
Yes, I saw it just after you have updated it. ;)

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #24 by MarioMari
I updated to 2.0.1.
Insertion of code
Code:
{gallery}mygallery{/gallery}
in my post will display multiple lines of raw code.

ans continue to integrate this plugin is causing the problem with the display of the address in post. When I enable the plugin (set System - Kunena Forum to YES) instead of @ appears in raw code of many lines of code.

Please help.

Joomla 2.5.8, and 3.0 K.2.0.3, default Chrome
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by MarioMari.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #25 by sozzled
Let us now return to SigPlus . I spent 15 minutes searching the developer's website ( hunyadi.info.hu/ ) but I found no reference to Kunena on that site. I searched the forum here ( www.kunena.org ) and the first mention of any problems integrating SigPlus with Kunena is here: RC02: Error 500: RC01 to work with Joomla Content Plugin .

The forum topic I have just referred to concerned a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error and the fatal error problem was resolved ( github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues/829 ). But we didn't actually resolve the underlying issue that caused the fatal error in the first place. The underlying issue concerns whether or not SigPlus works - or will ever work - with Kunena.

Does SigPlus work with Kunena (any version of Kunena)?

In the discussion topic RC02: Error 500: RC01 to work with Joomla Content Plugin , you will recall my first reply to your question:

sozzled wrote: I am not aware of any setting in any version of Kunena that involves the integration with SigPlus .

It is true that I was unaware of any setting that enables SigPlus with Kunena but this was also because I was not aware of the System - Kunena Forum plugin at the time. So really, we had two questions to answer:
  • Did the System - Kunena Forum plugin work as it was designed; and
  • Did the SigPlus plugin work with Kunena after enabling the System - Kunena Forum plugin?
Matias has responded to both of these questions:
  • There was a defect in the RC version of the System - Kunena Forum plugin which needed to be fixed (and it was fixed for K 2.0.0 but it then needed to be fixed again); and
  • Matias wrote: Not all J!2.5 plug-ins recognize where the content is coming from (and they will ignore unknown context). For those you need to find out if they have configuration option to add the context, or if a small hack (to recognize context) is needed.

Therefore, we are now fairly confident that the System - Kunena Forum plugin will not cause fatal errors when people enable it but we still haven't resolved the issues that caused these errors in the first place.

The most important point we have made is this:

sozzled wrote: You will have to discuss this with the SigPlus developers so that they can design and build a plugin for Kunena.

I do not know (after spending 40 minutes trying to answer your question) if SigPlus works in Kunena; my research suggests to me that it probably does not. What research have you done on the subject to ask the developers of SigPlus whether their product works in Kunena? I think there's your answer.

Thank you for reporting the bugs in System - Kunena Forum plugin and I think we have now fixed those. :)
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #26 by MarioMari
I answer yes. I love you, too ;)
I appreciate and respect your efforts and the entire team hidden behind the back of Kunena.

Still hope that they will support natively Kunena all Joomla content plugin. galleries, dictionaries, mathematical formulas editor and all the keys Joomla! and this will move quickly. this will not be murder, sql....? ;)

I've done their part to attract the creator of Wile sigplus extra work for Kunena.
I think simple image gallery plus and Kunena Forum are the basic and great Joomla extensions, which should be encouraged.

Best regards!

code.google.com/p/sigplus/issues/detail?...t=&id=37#makechanges

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by MarioMari.

More
11 years 9 months ago #27 by hunyadi
Given that my extension has been mentioned in this discussion, perhaps you do not mind if I add some personal comments.

First and foremost, I am no Kunena expert, and before my attention was called to this Joomla extension I had not known what it was or even that it existed. Nonetheless, I believe that a general purpose extension with free-flow text content that Kunena appears to be should not require special treatment from content plug-ins to be operational. A hint in the documentation suggests that this is indeed so, perhaps implementation of some additional methods are required, though what a KunenaAccess or KunenaActivity object is still elude me: more information on this would be required before any work could take place.

From a general perspective, what I would strive for is a minimum set of changes to make a generic content extension (in this particular case, sigplus) operational in Kunena free-flow text content. All sigplus does is to replace a marker (similar in fashion to BBCode) with HTML content that constitutes a gallery. This should, in my opinion, harmonize with the Kunena philosophy. If for any reason, integration is not possible, I am content with the answer but the documentation suggests the contrary. Any feedback is most appreciated.

More
11 years 9 months ago #28 by Matias
This is a design bug in Kunena 2.0 as we only tested the events with pretty simple plugins (bad words etc), which didn't add any HTML into the page. So what happened is that the event is called in wrong place -- which is before BBCode is converted to HTML -- thus escaping all the output from those plugins.

Unfortunately another bug was hiding this issue in Kunena 2.0.0, so the issue was found only hours after releasing Kunena 2.0.1. I just find it odd that nobody in our testers team found this issue, but it's possible that nobody of them needs the feature and it got ignored.

I promise that this issue will be fixed to the next release.

More
11 years 9 months ago #29 by MarioMari
K.2.0.1. View the e-mail address.

Disabling the plugin .... improves the appearance of the display of email addresses in your post.

1. But beware. In view of topics, moving the cursor on the display produces a quote in a balloon on a yellow background. In this document, e-mail address is displayed as raw code.

2. The same problem in the e-mail with the subject subscribe.

Regards!

Time to create page: 0.574 seconds