×
Kunena 5.1.13 Released (21 Jul 2019)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.13 [K 5.1.13] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

× This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 1.7, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Loved Hack poll v0.3.2.2 for Kunena 1.5.12 and 1.0.11

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #41 by taurgis
The problem seems to be more that it isnt registering a vote for any option other than the first. I selected AMD with multiple accounts, it adds to the total count but doesnt add it to the AMD field.

In other words, it ignores the vote.

Though I removed the line where you check wether the user is registered, cause nobody but me could vote if its there. They could only see "view results".

EDIT:

Ok I found the problem. The default value of a new poll for poll count was NULL. I presume you did a +1 for vote... NULL +1 = null ;-)

I changed them to 0, and it worked. Had to convert all old polls, new ones seem to work fine.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by taurgis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #42 by paspoes
taurgis wrote:

The problem seems to be more that it isnt registering a vote for any option other than the first. I selected AMD with multiple accounts, it adds to the total count but doesnt add it to the AMD field.

In other words, it ignores the vote.

Though I removed the line where you check wether the user is registered, cause nobody but me could vote if its there. They could only see "view results".

EDIT:

Ok I found the problem. The default value of a new poll for poll count was NULL. I presume you did a +1 for vote... NULL +1 = null ;-)

I changed them to 0, and it worked. Had to convert all old polls, new ones seem to work fine.


is your workaround for me :blush:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #43 by taurgis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #44 by paspoes
taurgis wrote:

no its not ;-)


:laugh: ok i am going to try it if you don't mind.

EDIT:

ok i tested it and i have same problem. when i tested on firefox everything works fine no problem but when i tested in IE7 i get the same error and i cannot see the results.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by paspoes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #45 by Matias
xillibit:

Actually I usually fix bugs for default theme, so it should have most of the fixes. But it will receive less testing. So they all can be used -- they will just be removed in K1.6..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #46 by xillibit
New version for Kunena 1.0.10, read the first post

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #47 by taurgis
Thanks for the update and fixing a few bugs ^^

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #48 by TaLoche
Thanks a lot for your good work on this hack.

I did manage to put it on my website, although I have two little problems. I'm on Joomla 1.5, Kunena 1.0.10 and I did the update for the hack that you can find on the front page of this topic.

Do you know how I can have apostrophs in my polls without having a \ preceeding it?
I tried both options "yes & no" in the admin panel to allow the users to vote only one time, but nothing really works. In both case, users can vote as many time as they want.

Thanks again!
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by TaLoche.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #49 by xillibit
TaLoche wrote:

Do you know how I can have apostrophs in my polls without having a \ preceeding it?

I haven't tested with apostrophs, I going to check this.

TaLoche wrote:

I tried both options "yes & no" in the admin panel to allow the users to vote only one time, but nothing really works. In both case, users can vote as many time as they want.

Thanks again!

This work only for users logged, but I need to test it because I'am not sure If I put this feature on the hack version for Kunena 1.0.10.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #50 by Toolcrazy
I can verify both the apostrophes and the vote more than once issue and I have change the setting in admin.

Also, I am getting a french popup instead of english.

Le vote a bien été enregistré

I can fix this, but were is it. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds