Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question CB Integration - Profile tab says "You are not authorized to view this page!"

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #41 by sozzled
The following user(s) said Thank You: gazm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #42 by gazm
I can't remeber whether I tried those points or not... it was ages ago when the thread started!

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #43 by Jazzvox
J! 2.5.4 + K 1.7.2 + CB 1.8 + GroupJive 2.5.1 + AUP 1.7.3 and more

Same problem, my 'index' page (kunena section page r/w for registered users and above) says "You are not authorized to view this page!" with the following settings:

Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Avatars = Community Builder
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Profiles and Userlist = Community Builder
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Login and Registration = Community Builder
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Private Messagin = UddeIM
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Activity Notifications = AUP
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Access Control = Joomla

If 'Access Control = Community Builder' or 'Automatic' the page is accessible to logged-in users, and the subordinated categories are visible. That's where my problem starts:
all subordinated categories are visible ... even the ones that are restricted to view for this user
See the topic: Posts-in-private-restricted-boards-visible-to-general-public-through-User-Activity-and-Recent-Post
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Jazzvox.

More
11 years 10 months ago #44 by Matias
Joomla ACL doesn't work with GJ groups, so users have no access to the categories created by GJ without Community Builder access integration turned on.

Kunena 1.7 (and older) has a bug/limitation where latest post was saved into all parent categories and visible even if the topic itself wasn't. It's been fixed in K2.0. If you have some other issue, it could be a bug either in Kunena or GroupJive.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #45 by Jazzvox
Hi Matias, thanks for taking care!

Not sure whether I should start a new thread titled
"Group-restricted categories are visible to all registered users in section categories list (forum/index)" ... anyway, let's go ...
In menues group-restricted categories are hidden/visible properly, e.g. the frontend screenshot from a user assigned for Editor-"SEO & Webdevelopment" and "Musik & Audio-Media":

Private K-section/categories | forum/index

BTW: The same problem consisted in my former installation (J! 1.6.* + K 1.6.* + CB 1.4 + AUP 1.7.3 and more WITHOUT GroupJive)! As You can see, no posts yet. Toggling categories to "Moderated" doesn't make a difference. That's why we just didn't use the private section of Kunena in the past - now, after upgrading all components, I'd love to take advantage of the great benefits of K-GJ integration. A perfect solution, just this little step...

My set-up:

Kunena_showAdministration

GroupJive_categories

Joomla_ACL-groups

Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Avatars = Community Builder
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Profiles and Userlist = Community Builder
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Login and Registration = Community Builder
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Private Messagin = UddeIM
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Activity Notifications = AUP
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Access Control = Community Builder

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 200M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : start5 | author: Mathias Roth, Trade Service | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: 2011-04-05

Kunena default template details : Starthilfe Template | author: Mathias Roth, Trade Service | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.7.3 | CommunityBuilder 1.8 | UddeIm 2.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.6.4

Modules: Kunena Login 1.6.4

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Jazzvox. Reason: Added: Forum Configuration

More
11 years 10 months ago #46 by Matias
In K1.7.2 there's one legacy feature in GroupJive integration -- allowed categories are combined with Joomla access defined by GroupJive when category gets created (usually administrator group). This doesn't happen in Kunena 2.0 anymore. I'm not sure if you can see that setting from Kunena itself, but if you look into kunena_categories table, you should see field "pub_access" having Joomla user group in it. Check the value against group ids.

Additionally all moderators and administrators gain access to every published category. So if you are site administrator or have administrative rights to Kunena, you will see everything.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #47 by Jazzvox
Thanks again for taking care

Matias wrote: moderators and administrators gain access to every published category

I know, the example user is none of them, just an "Editor category A and B".

Matias wrote: kunena_categories table, field "pub_access" ... Check the value against group ids.

Thanks for the hint, I've changed this, and modified "pub_recurse" with the same value in addition (thought thhis might be useful for newly created GJ groups/K sub-cats). In any way, this causes a phenomenon that I remember from my former installation (J! 1.6.* + K 1.6.* + CB 1.4):

All categories are still visible in the example described above, but restricted category titles grab Alias from my "mandatory and not in use" Kunena menu to build an URL like "domain.de/forum/grafik-design.html" where clicking redirects to "domain.de/kmu-forum/index.html" (the public top level K-category) ...
while allowed categoriy titles keep the correct URL, in this example "domain.de/projekt-forum/webdevelopment.html", which contains the correct Alias of the private top level K-category.

At this point, it seems to be corresponding to "How to set up Kunena menu structure properly" ??

Kunena admin: public forum menu

Kunena admin: private forum menu

Kunena admin: component-created "hidden" menu > after locking
these items, all restricted category titles are changed, similar to
"domain.de/component/kunena/grafik-design.html?Itemid=0".

I'm certainly confused. What's next?

Beside, Kunenas 2.0 Beta is released, and over at Joomlapolis, they've just announced
new versions: CB GroupJive 2.5.2 RC1 and CB Forums plugin 2.1.0 - a better way to go?

Regarding this, I've ordered my hoster to upgrade the V-webserver to PHP 5.3 tonight.
And I'm thankful for any advice to get this awesome corporate community project working.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Jazzvox.

More
11 years 9 months ago #48 by Matias
Kunena 1.7 has issues with menu structures like this. So it's probably better idea to try Kunena 2.0.0 RC1 + CB/GJ that supports K2.0, as we have fixed a few issues related to yours.

PS. current beta1 release has bug in CB integration.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jazzvox

More
11 years 9 months ago #49 by Jazzvox
If there's no workaround in my current installation, as I need some mudules / plugins ready as well, to avoid noxious bug-contact ... I'll await the official 2.0 release for the live project. If desired, I could set up a test site to contribute to K-Development in between the next days.

Thanks a lot for the info, thumbs up for The Kunena Engagement!

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds