Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Edit profile button is linked to index.php

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #11 by sozzled

Jaheu wrote: thanks for this hint, I changed it now how it's recommended in your wiki.

Activating mod_rewrite has totally changed the "look" of the forum.It looks better now but still I have the same problem with this link...

I wonder if we could possibly see your updated K 1.6 configuration report, please?

Activating "mod_rewrite" is only part of the change that you need to make. You must have a .htaccess file to make this change work. It's all explained in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #12 by Jaheu
okay, here is the updated report. I have an htaccess-file because it's needed by my host. Don't know why the report says that it is missing. I believe I have to read the tutorial about htaccess B). Thank you very much for your help!

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 50000 seconds | Max execution memory: 90M | Max file upload: 40M

Joomla default template details : themza_j15_13 | author: Themza Team | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 2008-11-28

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm 2.2

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef 2.2.3.945

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 10 months ago #13 by sozzled
The configuration report is not perfect. If your site is located in a folder of your domain (e.g. www.mydomain.com/mysite ) then the configuration report will pick up some information from www.mydomain.com instead of from the "subdomain". That might explain why the report cannot find a .htaccess file in the root folder of your website.

But remember, the file is called .htaccess (i.e. "dot"-htaccess) not "htaccess" without the leading dot. It won't work otherwise.

More
12 years 10 months ago #14 by Jaheu
yes I know the file is named .htaccess. Now I see that is was definitely misconfigured, because it were only two lines in it for my host. When I copy the Joomla specific lines in it I experience 404 (Kunena forum) and 500 errors. So have to see how to set it up correctly...

More
12 years 10 months ago #15 by sozzled
Everything you need to know is contained in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) . You don't need to write your own .htaccess file; just use the standard Joomla one that is shipped as htaccess.txt - you have to rename it, of course. Easy.

More
12 years 9 months ago #16 by Jaheu
okay finally I got my .htaccess working! But I still having the same problem. Here is my actual report:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 50000 seconds | Max execution memory: 90M | Max file upload: 40M

Joomla default template details : themza_j15_13 | author: Themza Team | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 2008-11-28

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm 2.2

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef 2.2.3.945

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #17 by sozzled
sozzled wrote:

The configuration report is not perfect. If your site is located in a folder of your domain (e.g. www.mydomain.com/mysite ) then the configuration report will pick up some information from www.mydomain.com instead of from the "subdomain". That might explain why the report cannot find a .htaccess file in the root folder of your website.

I'm guessing - sometimes there is no precise science to guide you - that sh404SEF is somehow involved in this issue.

Have you tried disabling sh404SEF for Kunena pages or uninistalling sh404SEF completely to see if this addresses your issue? I think it's worth trying, at the very least.

If that does not work, can you please post your URL and a test account that we can use to see the actual problem for ourselves? You should post this information using the
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #18 by Jaheu
okay I uninstalled sh404sef on my localhost and I got several 404 errors at first. When I also deactivate Joomla-Sef in the main configuration I can see my Kunena profile again! If I only deactivate Joomla-sef it`s not solving the problem so you are definitely right with your assumption.

But still it would be a big drawback for me to abandon my sef-urls so I created an account for you. I sent you a PM with the information.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Jaheu.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #19 by sozzled
An administrator's account is not going to help me ... and the particular administrator's account that you sent me by PM is not going to help me at all, because I can't see your Global Configuration settings.

You have a SEO issue. To fix this issue for you, I would need a super administrator's account and FTP access to your server. I really don't like doing those kinds of things (unless, perhaps, someone offers me some money to make me forget how much I dislike doing those things).

From what I can tell (and I can't tell for sure because I'm only basing my knowledge on what you have told us) you do not have a .htaccess file sitting in the root level of your site, www.mysite.com/.htaccess ... or ... there's another .htaccess file that is contradicting the rules of the one I've just mentioned. This would explain why you're getting 404 Errors.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaheu

More
12 years 9 months ago #20 by Jaheu
I solved it now. Just went in the sh404sef menu->settings->extensions->kunena: changing the last three options to 'no'.

Thank you very much for your help sozzled! Never would have made it without your help :)

Time to create page: 0.621 seconds