Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Kunena Jomsocial Group Plugin not working correctly. No documentation available

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #21 by PIC
My forums are still offline because the jomsocial groups are showing up, but the discussions/events do not show up at all. This is a great feature, but we need to get it working.

www. pilotincontrol .com
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by PIC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #22 by sozzled
I have not read this entire topic and so I am not familiar with all aspects of the problem. I am sorry to hear that your forum is still offline because a feature that you need is not working for you.

Indeed, if there was some feature of JomSocial that did not work for this website ( www.kunena.org ) and prevented the forum from running, we would all be very concerned. Therefore, in order to help me to understand your problem better, can you inform us if this feature is being used at this website and, in what way, the feature is not working so as to prevent the smooth operation of JomSocial and Kunena on this site.

As Matias wrote,

We have ... discussed ... these issues with JomSocial team and we agree that we need to have better integration between Kunena and JomSocial. That includes all aspects: groups, profile fields and activity stream.

To make Kunena topics to show up inside Jomsocial group, we need to create a plugin. It's not that easy to do in Kunena 1.6, so I haven't even tried to do it. But in Kunena 2.0 we could do it easily, just showing our views inside JomSocial. Or at least I hope so, as it hasn't been tested yet

On this basis it remains for the feature to be built. But, on the broader question of forum usability and having one's forum offline pending a resolution of the matter, is this an essential requirement or is it possible for you to go forward in the expectation that, one day, the matter will be fixed?
The following user(s) said Thank You: odDonnellE

More
12 years 9 months ago #23 by PIC
The feature I'm attempting to use is the jomsocial groups plugin. This should create a forum category for each group created and mirror the posts between the group discussions and the kunena group category.

The plugin is successfully creating the group categories, but the posts are not mirroring. None of the group discussions show up in the group forum category for each group.

This is the reason i want the forum so that the groups can view/edit their group forum.

It would also be nice if it respected the group's privacy setting(currently group forum categories all are set to private even if the group is public)

More
12 years 9 months ago #24 by PIC
u can see in the above image all the group forum categories say 0/0 posts.

More
12 years 9 months ago #25 by PIC
Attachments:

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #26 by xillibit
This is just a basic plugin which create a category into Kunena when a new group is created into Jomsocial, but if you add a discussion into this group it's not mirrored into Kunena.

You don't had read all the messages in this topic, the answer was just here : www.kunena.org/forum/11-jomsocial/98000-...it=10&start=10#99613

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by xillibit.

Time to create page: 0.520 seconds