Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Kunena Jomsocial Group Plugin not working correctly. No documentation available

More
12 years 10 months ago #11 by PIC
Has anyone had any luck getting this to work

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #12 by PIC

xillibit wrote: I have local testing installation, so i can test myself and i can break everything

Have you had any luck? this is a feature that would be fantastic to have on my site :)..

Thanks,
joel

More
12 years 10 months ago #13 by PIC

More
12 years 10 months ago #14 by Matias
JomSocial groups integration is more like a proof in concept right now -- it was just a quick backport from Kunena 2.0 to allow private categories inside JomSocial groups.

1) JomSocial groups can have Kunena category
2) You need to be a member of the group in order to see that category
3) There's no other integration than taking access control from JomSocial group instead of using Kunena/Joomla ACL

There are plans to make the plugin/integration better (K2.0 already has some new features). But we really don't have resources to do everything (everyone needs to earn some money, too), so any help is appreciated.

More
12 years 10 months ago #15 by ayecapn
i got it working... sort of . it created a new forum based on the name of the JS group.

Next logical step would seem to be to replace the native Discussion tool with some level of functionality from Kunena. Another alternative would be to create some kind of import/export or pass-through mechanism.

here are the possible scenarios i see:

1. new discussion in group gets created as a topic in kunena

2. new topic in kunena gets created as a new discussion in the group

3. new post in an existing discussion in the group is added as a topic reply

4. new topic reply in kunena is added as a discussion reply in group

that seems like a good starting point anyway.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #16 by odDonnellE
Seems like it would be better to just have Jomsocial have an integration option with Kunena, and allow discussions to be replaced with Kunena forums altogether.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by odDonnellE.

More
12 years 9 months ago #17 by PIC

Matias wrote: JomSocial groups integration is more like a proof in concept right now -- it was just a quick backport from Kunena 2.0 to allow private categories inside JomSocial groups.

1) JomSocial groups can have Kunena category
2) You need to be a member of the group in order to see that category
3) There's no other integration than taking access control from JomSocial group instead of using Kunena/Joomla ACL

There are plans to make the plugin/integration better (K2.0 already has some new features). But we really don't have resources to do everything (everyone needs to earn some money, too), so any help is appreciated.

1. is working
2. is working
3. is fine

****The problem is that the forum posts are not showing up in the forum for the jomsocial groups.

The second problem is if you have a WYSIWYG editor turned on, it puts all the html tags in the group description of the Kunena forum.

More
12 years 9 months ago #18 by PIC

odDonnellE wrote: Seems like it would be better to just have Jomsocial have an integration option with Kunena, and allow discussions to be replaced with Kunena forums altogether.

I agree that would be one solution, but I want the forums to be available to more people than "only" groups. But I want these people to see the groups and be able to join the groups to post....

More
12 years 9 months ago #19 by Matias
We have briefly discussed about these issues with JomSocial team and we agree that we need to have better integration between Kunena and JomSocial. That includes all aspects: groups, profile fields and activity stream.

To make Kunena topics to show up inside Jomsocial group, we need to create a plugin. It's not that easy to do in Kunena 1.6, so I haven't even tried to do it. But in Kunena 2.0 we could do it easily, just showing our views inside JomSocial. Or at least I hope so, as it hasn't been tested yet :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: odDonnellE

More
12 years 9 months ago #20 by ayecapn
Clearly this should be your priority over everything else. :P

I'm open for beta testing if needed.

Time to create page: 0.549 seconds