Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question How to Integrate Jomsocial Groups Discussions in Kunena 1.6.3 ???

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #11 by xillibit
No , this hasn't been released yet

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #12 by geoparadise
Oh! This is good, I need it badly. Makes totally sense to not duplicate discussion places.
I was trying to use the component JS G-Kunena but there is no support or upgrades for latest jomsocial version, and also is missing a migrating tool.
Could we know a bit more about this plugin?
Is it going to be possible to match groups with Kunena categories?
What are we going to see when clicking in the group´s page discussions: the current JomSocial discussion board or will it link away to kunena?
Is it going to avoid tedious manual migrations?
If so, I will dump JS G-Kunena inmediatelly (I don´t like that is commercial license either) and waste the money and wait for your plugin to be released. I was in a hurry trying to migrate all my data asap before it gets bigger (its not much at the mo) but this release might give me more time.
Any aprox. dates?

thanks for your work!

Noa

www.geoparadise.org
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by geoparadise.

More
12 years 10 months ago #13 by tessak22

More
12 years 10 months ago #14 by tessak22
I guess I could have just looked in downloads. Anyways, I have it installed and configured, but it doesnt appear to do anything. What exactly is the plugin suppose to do.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #15 by aionor
Same klik klik and What now ?
it doesnt appear to do anything
i understand that kunena going to show in side JomSocial group
but nothing happened ...

pls some guidance :unsure:
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by aionor.

More
12 years 10 months ago #16 by geoparadise
Come on guys, some help pleease! Been waiting for ages and I really need some documentation or support to make this work...and seemingly not the only one!

Thanks so much in advance!

Noa
www.geoparadise.org

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #17 by julian22
any news?

i tried the groups plugin but it doesn't sync it just adds an entry in the forum when you create a discussion group (only it doesn't, at least not for me)

www.kunena.org/forum/11-jomsocial/94996-...unena-groups-plug-in

.... and i don't see how there is any point to that.... who's going to know? if you create a discussion group you're going to start using it.... how are you even going to know there was a forum thread created for your discussion? seems pointless to me.

cant wait for something that syncs the forum and the discussion... that will be awesome! :)

thanks to all those working on it.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by julian22.

More
12 years 5 months ago #18 by trodebac28
If you want to handle JomSocial discussions using the Kunena forum, the information in this thread may help you. It's for Kunena 1.7 and above, and it's a powerful solution that really works: www.kunena.org/forum/11-jomsocial/110854...-links-subscriptions

As geoparadise said, we had some support stress in the past, but it seems to be ok now. If you don't mind using a commercial product (with GPL license), we can probably help you.

Kind regards.

More
12 years 4 months ago #19 by greg
I have used jsg kunena with good luck in the past but cant seem to get it to work in Joomla 1.5 my membership access component has not updated to 1.7 and I can not go forward with the j1.7 changes. so I wonder if jsg-kunena works for joomla 1.5 sites.
One issue with the use in the past was a big delay as the group members were subscribed to the forum post everytime a post was submitted. I did love this component back in 2009-2010 but their support dropped off to zero for a year or so and when I ask this question on their forum I get political answers like "Our component is up and running" not "No it wont work on 1.5 sites" or "Yes it will work as advertised on Joomla 1.5 sites "

More
12 years 4 months ago #20 by trodebac28
Greg, this is probably not the best place to ask for JS G-KUNENA support. Please use our support forum instead, because people here are interested in Kunena, and this may seem a little off topic.

And yes, JS G-KUNENA works with Joomla! 1.5. It does so since the begining (logically, Joomla! 1.7 compatibility was added later).

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds