Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question JomSocial and Kunena Karma Integration

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #11 by yaksushi
Neo I also responded to your post in the Jomsocial forums, maybe you can help me with the below topic "pulling state and city from jomsocial into kunena"?

www.kunena.org/forum/170-k-16-templates-...ation-from-jomsocial
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by yaksushi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #12 by Azure
This is a great idea! Seems to me that we are getting closer and closer to potentially fully integrating two excellent extensions without bending the ears of the developers! B)

yaksushi wrote: Neo I also responded to your post in the Jomsocial forums, maybe you can help me with the blow topic "pulling state and city from jomsocial into kunena"?

"Do or do not, there is no try..."

More
13 years 3 months ago #13 by Neocold

yaksushi wrote: Neo I also responded to your post in the Jomsocial forums, maybe you can help me with the below topic "pulling state and city from jomsocial into kunena"?

This was a very simple thing to do, I have updated my hack to version 2.2

Please note, if you already have version 2.1 installed you only need to upload files forumsettings.php and fsi2.php from version 2.2

Maker of:
JomSocial and Kunena Profile Integration
JomSocial and Kunena Karma Integration
Both are available at my website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yaksushi

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #14 by yaksushi
Neo it's not working... I see where you have called socialbuttons2.php into kunena but I don't see anything in socialbuttons2.php that references the jomsocial users location "city, state". Am I missing something? Could I just do an edit to

/components/com_kunena/template/default/view/profile.vertical.php
/components/com_kunena/template/default/view/profile.horizontal.php

and change
Code:
<li class="kpost-smallicons"> <?php echo $this->profile->profileIcon('gender'); ?> <?php echo $this->profile->profileIcon('birthdate'); ?> <?php echo $this->profile->profileIcon('location'); ?> <?php echo $this->profile->profileIcon('website'); ?> <?php echo $this->profile->profileIcon('private'); ?> <?php echo $this->profile->profileIcon('email'); ?> </li>

to somehow query and display from my #__community_fields_values ?

All I need is the city state and country displayed under the avatar

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #15 by yaksushi
Ok update, all the original things are working and the location is the house icon! Can I update it and replace Personal Text with the users city state country in text?

One issue when you click on your jomsocial profile, there is no forum settings tab you must click on edit profile then it shows up in the sub menu. Might be confusing for users to get to. Can we add the forum settings into the dropdown menu?

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #16 by Neocold

yaksushi wrote: Ok update, all the original things are working and the location is the house icon! Can I update it and replace Personal Text with the users city state country in text?

Yes, this is simple, do the following:
in forumsettings.php change
Code:
$personalText = $user->personalText;
to
Code:
//$personalText = $user->personalText;
then change
Code:
<td><input type="text" name="personalText" value="<?php echo $personalText; ?>" /></td>
to
Code:
<td><?php echo $location; ?><input type="hidden" name="personalText" value="<?php echo $location; ?>" /></td>

then in fsi2.php change
Code:
$db->setQuery("UPDATE #__kunena_users set websiteurl='$websiteurl', gender='$gender2', birthdate='$birthdate', location='$location' where userid=$my->id");
to
Code:
$db->setQuery("UPDATE #__kunena_users set websiteurl='$websiteurl', gender='$gender2', birthdate='$birthdate', location='$location', personalText='$location' where userid=$my->id");

yaksushi wrote: One issue when you click on your jomsocial profile, there is no forum settings tab you must click on edit profile then it shows up in the sub menu. Might be confusing for users to get to. Can we add the forum settings into the dropdown menu?

I have not yet gone looking to fix this because there is a way to do it with the plugin "Joomsocial Toolbar Editor" www.jomsocial.com/download/addons/conten...-toolbar-editor.html

I may look into making this part of my hack in the future, but first I need to finish looking into the requests I have received from people that have donated to my hack.

Maker of:
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Neocold.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #17 by yaksushi
I was able to add a new dropdown menu by doing the following. {Joomla Tutorial}

a. copying this file: /components/com_community/templates/default/toolbar.index.php
b. head to: /templates/{yourcurrentjoomlatemplate}/html/
c. create a new directory inside /html named: com_community
d. edit toolbar.index.php with your new menu info
e. paste toolbar.index.php inside the new com_community

to add a new menu to the toolbar.index.php do the following.

after the following code, line 164 for me in toolbar.index.php
Code:
<li id="toolbar-item-inbox" class="<?php echo $toolbarClass[TOOLBAR_INBOX];?>"> <a href="<?php echo $inboxItem->link; ?>" onmouseover="joms.toolbar.open('m4')" onmouseout="joms.toolbar.closetime()"> <?php echo $inboxItem->caption; ?> </a> <div id="m4" onmouseover="joms.toolbar.cancelclosetime()" onmouseout="joms.toolbar.closetime()" style="visibility: hidden;"> <?php echo loadMenuItems($customToolbar ,TOOLBAR_INBOX, 'prepend'); ?> <?php echo loadMenuItems($customToolbar ,TOOLBAR_INBOX, 'append'); ?> </div> </li> <?php } } } ?>

past this after
Code:
<li class="" id="toolbar-item-apps"> <a onmouseout="joms.toolbar.closetime()" onmouseover="joms.toolbar.open('m5')">My Forum Settings</a> <div style="overflow: hidden; visibility: hidden;" onmouseout="joms.toolbar.closetime()" onmouseover="joms.toolbar.cancelclosetime()" id="m5"> <a href="index.php?option=com_community&view=profile&task=forumsettings&Itemid=426">Forum Social Info</a> <a href="index.php?option=com_kunena&view=latest&do=mylatest&Itemid=520">My Forum Topics</a> </div> </li> <?php } } } ?>

More
13 years 3 months ago #18 by Neocold

Azure wrote: Well done, Neocold! Great solution!

As you're probably aware after your direct intervention with bedding your other excellent hack in for me, I have changed the Kunena Karma to an 'applaud' system, completely disabling negative karma so that only positive feedback can be given to a poster. I am using Jomsocial to display member profiles but because of the craziness of operating two different karma systems, switched the JS one off.

Could your hack be tweaked to display my 'applaud' (positive karma) count on the JS profile page without having to set up the JS karma system? Further, would it be feasible to be able to include Kunena 'thank you's' received and given on the Jomsocial profile page?

Cheers,

Azure

Azure, your request has been completed and applied to your website, if you have any questions or requests about it feel free to PM or email me.

Maker of:

More
13 years 3 months ago #19 by Neocold
yaksushi, that certainly is one way to do it.

However (and this is a personal preference), I believe that the link to my Forum Settings page is more appropriately placed under the Profile dropdown. This method is also much simpler to apply manually.

Edit file **/components/com_community/libraries/toolbar.php

change:
Code:
$defaultCoreMenuArray['PROFILE_EDIT_PREFERENCES'] = $this->_addDefaultItem( JText::_('CC EDIT PREFERENCES'), CRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community&view=profile&task=preferences') );

to:
Code:
$defaultCoreMenuArray['PROFILE_EDIT_PREFERENCES'] = $this->_addDefaultItem( JText::_('CC EDIT PREFERENCES'), CRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community&view=profile&task=preferences') ); $defaultCoreMenuArray['Forum Settings'] = $this->_addDefaultItem( JText::_('Forum Settings'), CRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community&view=profile&task=forumsettings') );

yes, essentially you are just adding another part, but I find it more clear to tell people to change than to add ;)

yaksushi, sorry I couldn't do this for you immediately, but as I'm sure you understand I must meet supporters requests first :)

This is now available in version 2.3 of my JomSocial and Kunena Profile Integration

Maker of:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yaksushi

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #20 by Azure
Wow, that was quick! :woohoo: Great job too! Thanks! B)

I'll be putting something under your Christmas tree for tomorrow morning. Promise not to look and make sure you leave me a bottle of Guinness on the mantle. I have a bottle opener. ;)

Neocold wrote:

Azure wrote: Well done, Neocold! Great solution!

As you're probably aware after your direct intervention with bedding your other excellent hack in for me, I have changed the Kunena Karma to an 'applaud' system, completely disabling negative karma so that only positive feedback can be given to a poster. I am using Jomsocial to display member profiles but because of the craziness of operating two different karma systems, switched the JS one off.

Could your hack be tweaked to display my 'applaud' (positive karma) count on the JS profile page without having to set up the JS karma system? Further, would it be feasible to be able to include Kunena 'thank you's' received and given on the Jomsocial profile page?

Cheers,

Azure

Azure, your request has been completed and applied to your website, if you have any questions or requests about it feel free to PM or email me.

"Do or do not, there is no try..."
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Azure.

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds