Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena Integration with AUP + Jomsocial at the same time

More
13 years 3 months ago #11 by grandslamjmh
well i guess ill remove the acl i have installed and try out the artof users one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #12 by clairestrife
This is a litte hack which made by me, only showing AUP on kunena user profile with jomsocial integration on.

Log on to your back-end -> Go to kunena configuration -> Integration -> set Activity Notifications to Jomsocial

open profile.vertical.php on your website root -> components -> com_kunena -> template -> default -> view.

find code
Code:
<?php defined ( '_JEXEC' ) or die (); if (!isset($this->showUnusedSocial)) $this->showUnusedSocial = false; ?>

bellow this code insert this code
Code:
<?php $userid = intval($this->profile->userid); $query = "SELECT points FROM #__alpha_userpoints WHERE userid = " . $userid ; $db =& JFactory::getDBO(); $db->setQuery( $query ); $myPoints = $db->loadObject(); ?>

so it will become like this
Code:
<?php defined ( '_JEXEC' ) or die (); if (!isset($this->showUnusedSocial)) $this->showUnusedSocial = false; ?> <?php $userid = intval($this->profile->userid); $query = "SELECT points FROM jos_alpha_userpoints WHERE userid = " . $userid ; $db =& JFactory::getDBO(); $db->setQuery( $query ); $myPoints = $db->loadObject(); ?>

then find this code
Code:
<?php if ($this->userpoints) : ?> <span class="kpost-userposts"><?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_AUP_POINTS') . intval($this->userpoints); ?></span> <?php endif ?>

and replace it with this
Code:
<li class="kpost-userposts"> <?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_AUP_POINTS') ?> <?php echo $myPoints->points; ?></li>

This method will show activity stream and AUP on kunena profile.;)
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by clairestrife.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AbleGamers

More
13 years 2 months ago #13 by AbleGamers
If I read the "hack" correctly you will show the AUP points in the forum, and that is cool, but will it award the points in AUP for creating and reply'ing to a post?

I do not see where it would do that.

I want to use JomSocial Activity stream because it is nicer, but I want the points in AUP for forum use.

Thanks!

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #14 by clairestrife
Ups, my bad. Sorry. I still can't find that method. I will try to find the method or please wait until someone hack it completely .... :)
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by clairestrife.

More
13 years 2 months ago #15 by AbleGamers
I think I found the method, it is in administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/

but from there I am lost. I suspect you would need to add the AUP call to the JomSocial call as well.

More
13 years 2 months ago #16 by clairestrife
yes, i think it's possible to merged both activity.php between Jomsocial and AUP.
I will do some more experiment. :)

More
13 years 2 months ago #17 by grandslamjmh

clairestrife wrote: yes, i think it's possible to merged both activity.php between Jomsocial and AUP.
I will do some more experiment. :)

Going to be more complicated than just copying code from one activity.php to another. Already tested that..

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 1 month ago #18 by clairestrife
huft, this experiment really made me dizzy... :blink: but i'm glad it finally works :laugh:

since the hack code is too long, i wont write it here since it will be spamming this thread. :P

So i attached this file, to made it works, simply replace the activity.php on your website root -> administrator -> components -> com_kunena -> libraries -> integration -> jomsocial.

Enjoy my hack :P
use it at your own risk :P

File Attachment:

File Name: activity_2...2-19.zip
File Size:3 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by clairestrife.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #19 by grandslamjmh
Thanks. so in the code what did you really do?
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by grandslamjmh.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 1 month ago #20 by clairestrife
Just in case my hack not work, Please use the default kunena template and simply edit the AUP version on it ;)
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by clairestrife.

Time to create page: 0.738 seconds