Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question ARTIO JoomSEF: Wrong page redirection after pressing Kunena Thank You button

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #11 by YLG80
You're right, sorry.
Here is the configuration.

Joomla! version: Joomla! 1.5.25 Stable [ senu takaa ama mamni ] 14-November-2011 Platform: Apache/2.0.54 (Win32) PHP/5.2.5
PHP version: 5.2.5 | [/confidential]

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information

This message contains confidential information

Joomla default template details : rhuk_milkyway | author: Andy Miller | version: 1.0.2 | creationdate: 11/20/06

Kunena default template details : Example Template | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm 2.6

Third-party SEF components: ARTIO JoomSEF: The file doesn't exist sef.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.1 | My Kunena Forum Posts 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Search 1.7.1

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by YLG80.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #12 by sozzled
G'day, YLG80, and welcome to Kunena.

I have no first-hand knowledge of ARTIO JoomSEF. I can only advise you about Kunena. If you have problems with using ARTIO JoomSEF and Kunena I suggest that you also ask the developers of ARTIO JoomSEF if they are aware of those issues and what they are doing about them.

ARTIO JoomSEF is a commercial extension - that is, you have to buy it for EUR 26.90 - and, we would assume, the development team of ARTIO should be offering support to their customers. Kunena, on the other hand, is a non-commercial Joomla extension that is offered to people free of charge. This does not, however, mean that we have unlimited resources to address problems that occur with any or every other Joomla extension that people choose to use. In the three years that I have been involved with Kunena, I have read many reports about the problems that people have had using ARTIO JoomSEF with Kunena. It is important to note that, in practically every case, those problems were solved when people uninistalled ARTIO JoomSEF and went back to using normal Joomla SEO to generate SEF URLs. I should add that, in many cases, some of the comments we received showed a distaste for ARTIO JoomSEF and the lack of help given by ARTIO after people had bought the product.

I believe that the current problem, the "wrong page redirection" after pressing Kunena Thank You button, is not a Kunena support issue. It's an ARTIO JoomSEF issue and, if you are not going to uninistall ARTIO JoomSEF, you should take the matter up with ARTIO.

Lastly, the configuration report that you posted is incomplete. I don't think it matters, however, in this case because I don't really see that we can do anything about fixing ARTIO's problems for them.

As far as your customised Kunena menu is concerned, please read Customised menus in the Wiki.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #13 by sozzled
I forgot to mention: please do not use the Example template. Please use, instead, the Blue Eagle template.

More
12 years 2 months ago #14 by YLG80
Thanks for your advice.
After further investigations, I've found that the pid is not included in the "thank you" url.
These are the url's in your forum:
../thankyou?pid=115144&72131becf8aff2075e4d45a3a900b374=1
../thankyou?pid=115152&72131becf8aff2075e4d45a3a900b374=1

in my site with Joomsef enabled

../thankyou.html?91efb697ada5f8bd84dbe1e3a6c9c7b1=1
../thankyou.html?91efb697ada5f8bd84dbe1e3a6c9c7b1=1

Obviously there is no pid.
So for a a specific category, all url's are the same.

I will report that issue to Artio in their forum. ;)

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #15 by YLG80
A quick update on that issue.

Artio will fix the issue in a next extension release.

In the mean time here is what they advise to do :
Go to components/Artio Joomsef/configuration and select the manage extensions tab
Click the Kuena forum extension link
Simply add the word pid into the Custom non-SEF variables box and apply or save
Select the Manage SEF URL's tab

Erase all duplicate "thank you" url's via the SEF url management.(There are many! :angry: so use the filter)

Now the pid is included in the thank you button url and the "thank you" goes to correct user. ;)
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by YLG80.

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds